Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 0a6ee6ba

Company: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, Sam Swope Mitsubishi Dealership, Louisville, KY - transmission out at 74,000 miles

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on June 10, 2002:

From:

RE: 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, Sam Swope Mitsubishi Dealership, Louisville, KY - transmission out at 74,000 miles

I purchased a brand new 1996 Spyder Eclipse from the Sam Swope Mitsubishi dealership in Louisville, KY. I had it serviced on a regular basis by their service department. Without warning, the TRANSMISSION went out completely with only 74,000 MILES!

The Mitsubishi Corporation refuses to assist in any way. Sam Swope offered me a whopping 10% discount off their $2,538 bill, and only after I complained for a week. Just a warning to everyone -- if you buy any Mitsubishi autos, especially from Sam Swope, or any auto from them for that matter, you will end up like me.

By the way, the convertible top has been nightmare also. I have had it repaired twice, over $600!!! I simple do not put the top down anymore, for fear it will tear and cave in as it has in the past. C. Dobbs