Services, Medical - Dentists : patient treatment

Company: Services, Medical - Dentists : patient treatment

: Dr. Michael Harrison - Raleigh, North Carolina

Dentists

From: Chris Owens COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29693#

Date: Thursday, May 31, 2001 05:19 PM When did Dentists become more exclusive than a New York club? I’ve just had a rather disheartening experience with Dr. Michael Harrison, DDS that has served to illustrate how some can lose touch with those they help. I realize business can be brisk nowadays, but has the epidemic of treating the patient as merely a number invaded dentistry as it has HMOs? Upon my arrival for my appt (having waited 3 weeks) to repair a crown that has by this time made the side of my tongue look like fresh hamburger, I was informed that since I had been a “no-show” for a previous appt and was one for another dentist (an appt that was canceled), it would be best if I looked for another dentist. I had missed an appointment, which was scheduled to take place within a week of the time I got laid off. Yes, I’m well aware that it was my fault, but without offering excuses, I had only made note of the appointment in my calendar program at work.

Needless to say, after being laid off, I no longer had access to that information or to the phone at my desk, to which the confirmation call from Dr. Harrison’s office came. Now, not to nitpick, but what’s the point in a confirmation call, when if it’s not confirmed you still hold the appt? When I had called to set up the new appt, they said that it was fine, and that they understood. Perhaps I’m just reminiscent of yesteryear when you understood things sometime happened, and you tried to help one another.