Posted on Friday, July 11th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by d6672a3a

Company: 1995 Dodge Neon - Lapis Blue, 2 dr - within 2 years, the paint started peeling off in huge flakes

# 7 for July 10, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on July 9, 2003:

From:

RE: 1995 Dodge Neon - Lapis Blue, 2 dr - within 2 years, the paint started peeling off in huge flakes

I bought a 2 dr Highline Dodge Neon car brand new in 1995, in Alberta, Canada. Within 2 years the paint started peeling off in huge flakes. I took it to five different Chrysler dealerships over the next few years, and all denied any problem with the paint, and refused to offer any kind of repainting or service. The car is still in excellent mechanical condition, but close to 1/3 of it is repainted with touchup paint by myself, or huge blank spots where the basecoat shows through. At the last vehicle maintenance time, I again asked about the peeling paint, and although the mechanics and service manager all admit they know it's a problem, they said it was Chrysler's official policy to deny it, and that if I wanted new paint I'd have to pay. Dodge/Chrysler products up to 10 years old with peeling paint SHOULD have a recall and free paint job. End of story. I have signed up for a class action lawsuit against Chrysler in this issue, but they really should just remedy the problem. It looks bad for them to have 1000s of blue dodge neons on the streets with huge chunks of basecoat (yellow) showing through. Alana Randol Denver, CO, 80203 COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_67456#