Posted on Friday, July 11th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by dc795ebc

Company: 1999 Mercury Cougar - brakes and rotors done twice, visor had hole worn in it, replaced console top, tear in drivers seat, other repairs

# 19 for July 10, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on July 9, 2003:

From:

RE: 1999 Mercury Cougar - brakes and rotors done twice, visor had hole worn in it, replaced console top, tear in drivers seat, other repairs

My husband bought me a 1999 Mercury Cougar for my birthday in December 1998. This car is a piece of junk.

While it was under warrenty I had the brakes and rotars done twice. They replaced the visor as a hole had worn into it and they also replaced the console top that broke.

The driver seat had a tear in it from the seams not being sewn correctly. They replaced both of them. I brought the car in due to a funny noise and the tech never did find out what the noise was. He put it up on the lift and hung on the car, for what reason I have no idea.

Out of warrenty repairs: I had to do the brakes and rotars each year. The brakes are suppose to have a sensor to let you know when to check the brakes, It never worked. I have had to do a wheel bearing on each side of the car. I did the passenger side June 2002 and driver side 2003. The funny noise is now gone. The transmission or something seems to be slipping, when I am driving and I get off an off ramp and stop, the car bucks. I wrote to the ford company on the problems and they never responded to my email.

When the last mechanic worked on the wheel bearing, he called the Ford garage in town to ask them why was the car eating up the wheel bearings (he had replaced the drivers side 3 times before it was fixed in the course of 2 months.) They told him that they had never heard of this problem before. I can tell you this, I will never buy a brand new car again, much less a Ford.