Posted on Wednesday, July 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 1be136dc

Company: 1999 Gateway computr Boston Accustic Speakers - trouble with Gateway technical support

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 8, 2002:

From: John Michael Antoniades [[email protected]]

RE: 1999 Gateway computr Boston Accustic Speakers - trouble with Gateway technical support

I had purchased my Gateway in May of 99'. The speakers became defective in March 02', so I called Gateway technical support to help me troubleshoot my hardware problem. The synopsis was that this was an isolated hardware problem and that the speakers would be replaced.

The speakers arrived at my house, and my parents placed the defective ones in the original package and shipped them back to Gateway. I returned from college in May and realized that the new replacement speakers were defective! So I called Gateway again in early June to let them know of my problem.

I was told that the speakers would be replaced again. They took my billing and shipping information, and that it would take a few weeks for the new speakers to arrive. Four weeks went by and I never received any package from Gateway. I became concerned, and decided to give Gateway another call to find out the status of my order.

Shocked to my amazement, I was told that no such order was ever placed, and that it was not possible for the order to be placed because the warranty had allready been expired. I am furious at the fact that I was lied to over the phone by a representative from a major corporation! No such order was on file, all they had on file was that I had called them.

I spoke to a supervisor and was told that all they could do was appologise for that person, but nothing else could be done. I continued the conversation trying to resolve the issue and was told that if I continued the conversation that they would terminate my phone call! I am furious and will be writing a letter to Gateway.