1999 Gateway Essental 450 SE computer - been for repair 6 separate times Re: Gateway Computers - 1999 Gateway Essental 450 SE computer - been for repair 6 separate times

Posted on Sunday, July 7th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d0459a18

Company: 1999 Gateway Essental 450 SE computer - been for repair 6 separate times Re: Gateway Computers

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 5, 2002:

From:

RE: 1999 Gateway Essental 450 SE computer - been for repair 6 separate times Re: Gateway Computers

My husband and I purchased a Gateway Essental 450 SE in August of 1999. Since then, the computer has been in for repair at least 6 seperate times.

From the beginning, it started with the computer freezing up and not responding. The DVD player would not work properly and the computer would often start up in Safe Mode.

Now it is July and the computer was repaired two times at the Gateway Store within one month. Two moniters blew out and they had to replace them.

When we called to report that the computer was even worse at this point, the repairman told me that he had suggested Gateway order us a new computer but the manager refused it. He advised us that he was going to order a new computer and that everything was going to be better.

Well, it has been two weeks and still no new computer. We called him back and he told me that Claims Management has not approved the new system because they no longer make the computer that I have and the one he ordered is more expensive.

I would have expected more courtesy and customer care from Gateway but it is obvious that their cost cutting strategies have far outweighed their integrity.

I will never advise anyone to purchase a Gateway Computer and I intend to report my troubles to the Better Business Bureau. Consumers need to look out for one another and stop putting up with POOR customer service and lame excuses because Gateway was certainly smiling and more eager to oblige the day we forked over $1,800.00!

Anji Black from Houston, TX.