Power Motorcycles, West Babylon, NY - 7 months for an engine rebuild and Mr. Turbo installation I took my motorcycle to Powerhouse Motorcycles at 111 Jersey St., West Babylon, NY 11704 for - Power Motorcycles, West Babylon, NY - 7 months for an engine rebuild and Mr. Turbo installation

Posted on Wednesday, July 31st, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by cae4da7c

Company: Power Motorcycles, West Babylon, NY - 7 months for an engine rebuild and Mr. Turbo installation I took my motorcycle to Powerhouse Motorcycles at 111 Jersey St., West Babylon, NY 11704 for

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 29, 2002:

From:

RE: Power Motorcycles, West Babylon, NY - 7 months for an engine rebuild and Mr. Turbo installation I took my motorcycle to Powerhouse Motorcycles at 111 Jersey St., West Babylon, NY 11704 for an engine rebuild and a Mr. Turbo turbo installion kit. I gave them the requested $2000 to order parts and told the parts would be in 6-8 weeks. The shop promised to complete engine rebuild prior to turbo kit arrival. They did not. The parts finally arrived in 4 months.

Though I continually pressed the shop to complete all work, they took an additional 3 months to complete. This was apparantly due to the letter I sent 1 week prior to completion to them threatening to remove bike from their shop and possible legal action. Some non-essential parts had still not arrived. Shop said to take bike and ride.

They would call me when remaining parts ( muffler,brake rotors ) arrived. I took bike and rode it that day. I had to repair some major oil line leaks. Many loose oil line connections were found. After I made oil leak repairs the following morning, I took the bike for a test ride. The engine started to make unusual noise with 15 miles on it in less than 24 hours after picking in up. I returned to the shop that day.

They promised to check it out immediately and advise me in 2 hours. I called later that day and the owner said they had not checked the bike out. He informed me that he would not keep bike in his shop. He said to come and get bike as he was going to leave bike outside unattended. I made numerous requests that he keep bike to no avail.I returned to the shop to find that he did exactly what he said.

The bike was outside and could have been easily stolen. I was forced to take bike to another repair shop for failure findings. I am very upset.This shop took $11,000 of my money. It took 7 months to complete repair when 2 months were promised. They assured me of standing behind their quality workmanship. It does not appear they take business very seriously.