Posted on Thursday, July 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by c79a7e6d

Company: 1998 Saturn SL 1 - pumps replaced - also engine mounts, belts and stransmission - need new shocks

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 2, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: 1998 Saturn SL 1 - pumps replaced - also engine mounts, belts and stransmission - need new shocks

I bought a new Saturn SL 1 in 1998. It was fine until the three year warranty expired. Almost to the day, the car started to break down. In the last two years, I've had every pump in the car replaced, engine mounts, belts, and transmission as well. The car is not even paid for yet and it's just a mess.

I also need new shocks, I've just had all the brake parts/rotors replaced. Cassette player works when it wants to and one speaker is gone. I can't drive it on the freeway because of trembling when I go over 60 mph. I've contacted Saturn several times with no satisfactory results. They just tell me "things break" and they can not guarantee how long parts will last. Or that just because I didn't have my routine maintenance done at their shop I ruined the car. I did try to take it there for a tune up but I couldn't get one unless I bought the whole 30K package. I didn't need it at the time but they refused to do the tune up.

So I never bothered to go back there for routine jobs. I do realize things break but all these things in just months. I find that odd. They are supposed to be the different kind of car company but I've found they are no better than other sleazy dealerships.

Their last response was just a giant slap in the face and I'm furious. I've already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau just to let them know I mean business. I also want to go to the local TV station's consumer reporter and see if he can do a story on it or at least get some letters or phone calls to them.

I told Saturn that was the course I was going to take but they didn't care about that either. I'm now just waiting for the results from my complaint with the BBB.