Posted on Thursday, July 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 6172aaa0

Company: 1998 Seadoo XP Limited model watercraft - problem with the Seadoo 951 motor and the hull design

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 2, 2002:

From:

RE: 1998 Seadoo XP Limited model watercraft - problem with the Seadoo 951 motor and the hull design

To Whom it May Concern

Last year my brother-in law both purchased private party 1998 Seadoo XP Limited model watercraft. We had inquired with our local dealer about reliability prior to purchase and were told that they were very good machines.

We both have been very brand loyal to seadoo as I have owned two boats and three other watercraft. My brother-in-law has owned four watercraft .

Since purchase they both have been in the shop more than in the water and have continued to blow pistons. The dealer now states that this is the problem with the Seadoo 951 motor and the hull design and we should expect continued problems.

My dealer will not even consider a trade in for another craft and in good faith I can not sell out right such a troubled machine. I am being told by others that have had the same problem that Seadoo is unresponsive and will not back their problem..What if any is a possible recourse in this matter.

Craig Fuller

Lake Villa IL. COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_67504#

Regards, Craig

1e6a86a1, 2011-07-07, 05:07PM CDT

I know this is old, but put a half a quart of 2 stroke oil in with every tank of gas and the pistons will stop sticking...