Posted on Thursday, July 4th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 4ecb1906

Company: 1999 grand vitara - cd player broken after about one year - trouble with factor repair of CD player

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 2, 2002:

From: Robert Mabry [[email protected]]

RE: 1999 grand vitara - cd player broken after about one year - trouble with factor repair of CD player

hi, this is sally mabry. i am the owner of a 1999 grand vitara, which i "love dearly". i purchased a cd player at the time of purchase and have had one problem after another with this cd player. my cd player "died" after about a year.

i have had to make 4 trips to Anderson Nissan,suzuki in loves park. here is my concern.........i only have 10,000 miles on this 1999 car and only drive less than 8 blocks to work every day. when my cd player "died" Anderson's took it out and sent it to be repaired. when they received it, i drove over there and they installed and it did not work! so, i went back over and they removed it again, my whole radio system, and when they received it i went back over and the factory sent my system back AGAIN.

well, the factory failed to put the magnet in that holds the cd player "door" closed, so it had to be sent back again!!!!!!!!! i know this may not sound like a big problem to you, but..........i only have mondays off from my job and i do not like spending my day off at a dealership.

i DO NOT blame Anderson's or the service department, i am upset that when something is returned to a factory for repair it does not come back repaired. we are dealing with a time limit of 3 weeks or more between waits on this cd player. i really felt sorry for the service manager as he was embarrassed to have to tell me the cd player was not fixed properly again.

i asked him if someone in the factory knew me personally and that is why it was not getting fixed right. anyway, could you please "screen" your factory personnel and make sure that when something is sent back for repair it is done correctly, the first time??? thank goodness, i deal with the public in my job or i would not have been so understanding with Anderson's.

i know it is not their fault and if i ever decided to trade cars again i would definitely deal with Anderson's. i think for all of my time, mileage etc. i am due a free oil change or something, maybe a tank of gas??????? if any questions please contact me at the e-mail address