Posted on Saturday, July 27th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 906eb537

Company: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - multiple, ongoing problems - very disappointed with Chrysler

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 25, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - multiple, ongoing problems - very disappointed with Chrysler

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee had about 35,000 miles when I took it in for a recall on some part that could cause a fire and I asked the service manager to check out why my "Low Coolant" light kept coming on, advised them it would not cold start properly and was running really rough. First response was nothing, They did check out the cold start problem.

That afternoon when I picked it up, it wouldn't hardly move off the road back into their service department parking lot. They had replaced the spark plugs and charged me over $100.00. They took it for a drive and told me they didn't find a thing wrong. Next morning, it wouldn't run again. Took it back in. They told me they had received a flyer from the factory about some seal on the fuel pump.

When I took it back in I reminded them about the coolant low light and they told me "Honey, all vehicles use coolant." They fixed ???? the fuel pump problem, I picked up the Jeep and in a matter of days the coolant light came on again, and I took it back and they kept it overnight and told me a seal was leaking. It came on again, they kept it over night and told me a hose had a pin hole and a clamp was bad. It came on again and I had too much oil this time.

They told me I shouldn't be putting too much oil in the engine. Well, duh! I had the oil changed and took the Jeep in the next day-they couldn't see me any sooner. I called that afternoon to check on their

progress and they told me I had even more oil, but no sign of antifreeze leaking into the oil. I told them---"I'll be right over to pick it up, if that thing is manufacturing oil, I have a million dollar vehicle and I'll go

into the oil business."

They insisted they would find out what the problem was. Kept it again for over a week. They replaced the head-said it came from the factory with a crack in the head. They ground something else down, put it back together and I picked up the vehicle. Two days later, the coolant was low again. Now, after having called Chrysler and telling them my story, they told me I am lucky they are doing repairs at all, because it is now over 36,000 miles. But remember, this all started before the warranty expired. I have sent Chrysler a certified letter advising them of all the problems.

Wouldn't start unless you cranked it three or more times, no power, used gas, spit and sputtered and used antifreeze like it was fluid for the sole. I don't know what is going to happen now. All I know is I need a dependable vehicle, and my Jeep doesn't fit the bill. This is just a brief description of what it going on with my Jeep. I have five service slips to show the exact nature of the problems and how they have handled them. My nerves are shot, people are tired of picking me up at the service center and taking me back over to get my Jeep so often. I have nothing to drive in the interim, and they will not provide me with a loaner.

I'm paying payments on a vehicle that cost over $30,000 and can't even drive it. It is sitting in my driveway taking up space. Who knows how long it will take me to resolve this, if ever. And I have a vehicle that has been torn apart and probably won't last until it is paid for. Better luck next time, huh.

c3bca210, 2009-06-16, 08:51PM CDT

MY JEEP HAS BEEN HESITATING SINCE IT HAS HAD 23,000 MILES.. WHEN I TOOK IT TO JEEP THEY SAID NOTHING WAS WRONG. TOOK IT TO 3 DIFFERENT JEEPS, ALL SAID THE SAME THING. IN COLD CONDITIONS IT WON'T START. WHEN I COME TO A STOP IT WILL FLUTTER, AND ACT AS IF IT'S GOING TO QUIT. WHAT CAN I DO? WARRANTY IS OUT NOW?