Barnett - Stubbs Daewoo, Athlens, GA - pricing problems with 1996 Mazda Protege

Posted on Friday, July 26th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 82ddc9c4

Company: Barnett - Stubbs Daewoo, Athlens, GA - pricing problems with 1996 Mazda Protege

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 24, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: Barnett - Stubbs Daewoo, Athlens, GA - pricing problems with 1996 Mazda Protege

barnett-stubbs daewoo of athens ga.

I went to dealership to purchase a car .had a trade in a 1993 grand am.they accepted the trade in.on a 1996 mazda protege.this car was sale priced at 5995. they changed the price to 8995.without my noticing .after signing papers .on 4-6-02.

i notice the era on4-8-02 took the car back .to dispute the price.and to return the car.after telling the,manager i never received a contract on the car that day.and i was also promised,that i could come back on the next business day to get my personal items.from. my car on 4-08-02.but on they day my car was not on the car lot .

the manager had said they moved it to one of their other dealerships,so that my things wouldn't be stolen.i had in the car c.d stereo,c.d's and brand new wheels and tires valued at 1500.00 and i never brought them the title to my car.it has been 4 long months.they finally said they sold my car for wholesale price of 800.00 my car at book value alone is worth aleast 2500.00not including my other items.

with all the value is totaling 4000.00 so there is noway they only got 800.00 now they are trying to get a warrant taken out on me saying i stole their car the 1996 mazda .

they couldn't get the car financed.so they want it back without returning my car the 1993 pontiac grand am which they sold illeagally without the title.i still have the title in my possession.i don't think i should have to return their car until they return mine or pay my asking price.i've hired a lawyer paid him 200.00 and he hasn't done much at all he's saying he needs more money .

he act likes he's johnny cocohran on somebody.i've contacted the b.b.b, call for help and filed a report with the used car bureau.what else can i do any one else have any more suggestions please help.i have the car 1996 mazda in hiding.until the dealership decide on a settlement.

should i file a civil suit agianst them. someone anyone please e-mail me with some type of resolution,@ [email protected]

thanks for your immediate response.