Posted on Friday, July 26th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3634d09a

Company: Colorado Prime Foods / Bulk Meat Delivery Service - Whirlpool freezer didn't work - unhappy experience

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 24, 2002:

From:

RE: Colorado Prime Foods / Bulk Meat Delivery Service - Whirlpool freezer didn't work - unhappy experience

On June 21, 2002, a Colorado Prime Food sales person visited my home. He offered me, "freshly frozen," food delivered to my home for about the same price I pay at the grocery store. I would have to purchase a commercial size freezer to place all the food. They would deliever this product to my home once every six months. I agreed, signed a contract and gave them a $600.00 deposit.

Four weeks later, they delivered my freezer. I plugged in my freezer, but it would be hours and days before I realized this freezer does not work. I called on a Saturday for this emergency service I paid for, however, the office is only open Monday through Friday.

Immediatly on Monday morning I called Colorado Prime. I was transfered around several times, only to find that my service agreement was omitted from my contract, and I would have to deal with the manufacturer myself. Whirlpool offered me service in three weeks and gave me the number to another service center in the area. I called that service center which turned out to be a dealer which did not service my equipment. After several more phone calls to Colorado Prime, Donna, a customer service rep., offered me same day service. No sooner than I hung up with Donna, did Whirlpool call me back to tell me they could not come out today. The next day, a service repair man came out to my home and looked at the unit. He stated, "There is little or no gas in the closed system, and if I fixed this brand new unit, I could not promise that it would not leak again." He recommended that we contact the company and have the unit replaced. I did contact Colorado Prime, they told me I would have to wait for Whirlpool to determine the unit was unrepairable, and I would have to wait for someone to call me tomorrow. This was now my 20th phone call and I had spent a collective 6 hours speaking to people, and ofcourse hold time. Colorado REFUSED to pick up the defective unit and to refund my money. They offered me some kind of compensation for my trouble. What kind of conpensation could possibly be good enough?

I still have a freezer that does not work, I do not have my food order, and Colorad Prime has called me to let me know, "If you still want your service contract, you need to pay an additional $427.00 in cash, check or credit card up front." Sincerly,

Lauren McLellan