Posted on Wednesday, July 24th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 0b20c481

Company: www.experian.com - paid for, but didn't receive copy of credit report online - trouble using Web site

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 22, 2002:

From: Laura Malagreca [[email protected]]

RE: www.experian.com - paid for, but didn't receive copy of credit report online - trouble using Web site

Buyers BEWARE-

I wouldn't advise, based on my personal experience, purchasing a credit report online from experian.com.

Immediately after I entered my credit card information for the purchase of my credit report I received a confirmation notice which consisted of a confirmation number and a warning that if I closed the browser window I would no longer be able to view or print my credit report. There was only one thing missing, my credit report.

I tried every word in the window looking for a link, I minimized the window looking for a second browser window that may have the report on it, and I waited for several minutes thinking maybe the report just had yet to come up. Unfortunately the report never appeared. I finally decided that with my confirmation number I would simply call experian and complain about the experience and ask that the report I had purchased be sent to me by mail or email.

I searched the site and found a couple different phone numbers but after making several attempts to call the phone numbers listed, my call was repeatedly disconnected by the automated phone system. After numerous attempts navigating the options available, no option was available to speak to a human being. Using the 10-digit confirmation number provided online I received the response that my number was invalid because it was alphanumeric, not numeric.

My credit card account has been debited, so I have paid for something I have not received. I wouldn't want anyone else to lose their money, so I thought I'd post this complaint. If you have any suggestions, email them to [email protected]

Thanks