Posted on Wednesday, July 24th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 7af07c14

Company: 2000 Neptune Maytag Washer - after two years the rusted top had to be replaced, then computer board broke

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 22, 2002:

From:

RE: 2000 Neptune Maytag Washer - after two years the rusted top had to be replaced, then computer board broke

In June 2000, I purchased a Maytag Neptune washing machine. Approximately two years and two weeks from the purchase date, the top had to be replaced because it was rusting and damaging my clothes. Now two months later, the computer board has gone out and the washer is no longer washing.

I called the repair service and I am assured that the repairmen are not lonely as advertised. The repairmen came to the house and again they do not carry the parts for the repairs and I must wait until it can be ordered. I emailed the Maytag service and complained about the poor quality of the washer. I was informed that it is a manmade product, so it will break.

The repair is estimated cost me in excess of $200.00 including parts and labor. I paid $2000.00 for the washer. In 1983, I purchased a whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer needed one service call in 17 years. The dryer is still working fine and sits next to my broken neptune washer.

Pamela Hulsey

130f70ed, 2008-06-20, 03:50PM CDT

we bought a maytag neptune washer in april 2006, last week june 16, 2008 our washer stopped spinning and we got a error 3 code which means ( motor not running properly)!! the repairman came and said that computer was bad and it would cost over $850 to fix it!!!!! i can buy a new one for that!! you pay $1000 for a washer it should last more than 2 yrs!!! beware of new matags. don't buy a front loader they are crap.