Posted on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by dc543040

Company: Columbia House - Mother's Day Gift Certificates - 5 weeks to redeem certificates - upset with service

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 21, 2002:

From:

RE: Columbia House - Mother's Day Gift Certificates - 5 weeks to redeem certificates - upset with service

At least two weeks prior to Mother's Day (2002) I received a Columbia House gift certificate for two DVD movies. It took over five weeks to redeem the certificates because of their faulty web site and customer unfriendly customer service reps.

When I did receive a response from them "user error" was always included in the reply. I had a computer tech run through the procedures they listed just to be sure it was not user error. Either way it is a moot point since months later I am still waiting for the two DVD movies. Two DVD's here another two there and it all adds up to unredeemed certificates that Columbia House thinks it can keep. The Uniform Unclaimed Property Act of 1995 has provisions for unclaimed money, gifts and unredeemed gift certificates. At the very least, Columbia House has to account for all of this but only if those victimized speak up. Why am I speaking up over a small issue?

My son thought he was giving me a gift that I would enjoy and they would not refund him any fees he paid. Dianne Morris