Posted on Sunday, July 21st, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 7a16293f

Company: 1997 Sebring Convertible - squealing and faulty braking system - unsuccessful in several attempts to fix

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 19, 2002:

From:

RE: 1997 Sebring Convertible - squealing and faulty braking system - unsuccessful in several attempts to fix

My name is Rhonda Daniels and I purchased a Sebring convertible less than a year ago. I am experiencing an ear gushing squeal every time I apply my brakes. It is very annoying and embarrassing! I have taken the car back over four times and within aproximately 3 to 4 days the piercing noise returns. I have spoken with the manager Larry McGehee and he has practically admitted that his so-call mechanics have done all that they can do.

Yet, when I purchased it I was told that it would be taken care of any problems brought to their attention. I can not leave my classroom during my planning period every week to take my car to : 2351 E Interstate 20 Fort Worth, 76119 every other week. Especially to find out that the braking system is becoming worser because it screams as if it is a school bus or ice cream truck. I paid for what I thought would be a dependable car. Instead I received an attention go-getter for laughs and snickers.

I will make sure I will continue to warn people who tell me that my car is pretty on the outside, that it is not externally, instead the braking system is horrible and its not worth your time or money. If there is anything you can share to better help this horrific situation please let me know. I will also file with the Better Business Bureau. Thank you for your attention to this frustrating matter. Sincerely, Unsatisfied X-Customer,

Rhonda Daniels