Posted on Wednesday, July 3rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 3762fc61

Company: Crystal Ford / Isuzu / Daewoo-Silver Spring, MD - 1999 Daewoo Leganza repairs stopped due to Daewoo Motor America filing for bankruptcy

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 1, 2002:

From:

RE: Crystal Ford / Isuzu / Daewoo-Silver Spring, MD - 1999 Daewoo Leganza repairs stopped due to Daewoo Motor America filing for bankruptcy

In September 1999 I purchased a new Daewoo Leganza which included a 5 year/60,000mile drive train warranty. On May 22, 2002 the timing belt broke on my car while it was being driven, causing damage to my motor. Since it is still under warranty, we took it to the dealership where it was originally purchased for repairs and were told we would need to replace the entire motor, free of charge, and it would be ready the following week.

At the end of that week, we were told all repairs are on hold due to Daewoo Motor America filing for bankruptcy. They claim their hands are tied.

The dealership has refused to loan me a vehicle while mine is sitting on their lot, they refuse to reimburse us for a motor, if we replace it ourselves, and they referred us to the manufacturer, who in turn, has a recording referring us back to the dealership. I was told on the phone, by a customer relations agent that they are no longer selling Daewoo's, but I had called earlier that day and spoken to a salesperson who informed me that, not only were they still selling them, I could drive one off the lot that day if I liked it! When I asked how they could sell these vehicles in good faith, I was informed they are being sold "as is". Again, not what I was told by the salesperson. I asked this person if they were aware of Maryland's Lemon Law and was told it was the manufacturer's responsibility, not the dealership's....however, once again, I read him, word for word, the law..which DOES include the dealership. I was told he was unaware. Again, I was refused any help whatsoever with this situation. And I am still making payments on a vehicle I can't use! The fact that they are STILL selling these vehicles is ludicrous when they know full well they can't be repaired. I put my faith in this dealership, as have many other unsuspecting consumers and I think it should be known what they are doing. I'd like to either have my car repaired and in running condition or have it replaced with a vehicle of comparable value within the next two weeks. They have had my car for almost a month and another repair shop had it for a week prior to us towing it there.

It is not MY fault this dealership invested in a company who filed bankruptcy, but I am the one being punished. Please forward this email to:

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_67511# Tabatha Harris