Posted on Friday, July 19th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 2fc0551a

Company: Joe Ordini's Discount Shopping Center, Paterson, NJ - rude service with regard to pool liner problem

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 17, 2002:

From:

RE: Joe Ordini's Discount Shopping Center, Paterson, NJ - rude service with regard to pool liner problem

My mother purchased a pool in Sept of 2001 from Joe Ordini's Discount Shopping Center 745-765 River Street Paterson, NJ 07524 (phone) 973-684-4647. She had it professionally installed May 7, 02 by Mr. Pool~ Mikes pool service Westwood NJ (phone).

On July 3, 2003, the bottom liner seam separated. I brought the damaged piece of liner to Joe Ordini's to have it replaced as it was a factory defect. (As told to me by the professional installer that put the pool in) The liner had a factory guarantee of 20 years.

As I waited on line to resolve my complaint Mr. Ordini was yelling at one customer and his office manager wife was yelling at another. I knew I was in trouble.

When I told them my story and showed them the damaged liner she told me that it was my fault and yelling started. She and her owner husband yelled at my husband and myself for 20 minutes. They said it was my fault then the installers fault until they realized that the installer was one of there own. I left the damaged liner there to have them talk to the installer. I called the instaler and asked him to call the store. The store called the instaler.

I returned 1 day later with my mother to pick up the damaged liner and leave knowing that I was not going to get any satisfaction let alone a new liner. Doris the wife and office manager would not give back the damaged liner stating that it was EVENENCE as I told them I would talk them to court. Mike had not called the store so they would not give me back the liner.

I had to call the Paterson police to have it returned to me. There was more yelling that flowed into the parking lot. They were both yelling and calling my 71 year old mother a liar. I had to step in and the yelling only got louder. The people from the next building were on the fence watching. They could not believe it when I want over to them.

I have had to purchase another liner from another company of course and pay to have the new liner installed.

To this date I have not heard anything from Joe Ordini's place and don't expect to, I will however see them in court with all the paperwork the warranty and the damaged liner.

In my opinion, dont do business with Joe Ordinis Pool service. Jersey Chemical is 2 doors down and are very nice people. Debe

Bergenfield, New Jersey

11b21079, 2008-06-07, 04:35PM CDT

Your last comment made me chuckle. I have been doing business with Joe Ordini's because the owners of Jersey Chemicals, where I shopped for a few years prior, were incredibly rude and ripped me off. I'm not saying you are wrong about Joe Ordini's, though I haven't had a bad experience with them yet. But Jersey Chemicals is just AWFUL. Fortunately, I am in the real estate business, and I have cost them thousands of dollars by turning my clients away from them with my experience.

bee9dd20, 2009-06-15, 02:39PM CDT

This is in response to your 6 year old complaint. First and foremost, Doris was never the wife of the owner of Joe Ordini's in Paterson. Secondly, Doris is no longer with the store. I'm sure that if you visit the store today, you will see a tremendous difference in the amount and the depth of customer service offered. As Manager of the store, I take great pride in insuring that the type of service given to every customer is "stellar". As you know, there are two sides to every story, and our 63 years in business as a Pool Retail Store speaks for itself with generations of customers that continue to do business with us.

e55c6a4b, 2010-06-04, 07:54AM CDT

Joe Ordinis pool service sucks big time. #1 They lie. I called to see if the sold pool ledges. I was told they do but I would have to come in with a sample so they can locate it in their warehouse. As soon as i got there, one guido looked at the ledge and stated thay no longer make that brand but he would sell me a new pool for $600.

#2 Unless you're Italian, don't expect to be treated with respect. If I had no class, I would have made THEM an offer they couldn't refuse.

To the staff at Joe Ordinis, "Vete pa'l carajo".