Posted on Friday, July 19th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 78777acf

Company: 2000 S-Type Jaguar - in for repair at Bluff City British Cars, Memphis, TN for 67 days and not fixed yet

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 17, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: 2000 S-Type Jaguar - in for repair at Bluff City British Cars, Memphis, TN for 67 days and not fixed yet

My 2000 S-Type Jaguar has been in the service center of Bluff City British Cars in Memphis, TN for the past 67 days and is not repaired yet. This is after having the car towed for a dead battery on the previous three consecutive months. The Jaguar traveling engineer has been in once and is coming again next week. He has not found the problem either. There is a drain on the battery which cannot be located.

If the car is not driven every day the battery will be dead. The car cost about $55,000. I am at the end of my rope waiting for the company to fix my car. In addition, the manager, Eric, and the serviceman, David Waring, would not believe that the car had a problem. They thought because I am a woman, I was leaving the door open or a light on and draining the battery.

It was not until they kept the car over a weekend and tried to start it on Monday (guess what? a dead battery!!) that they believed the car had a problem. In the meantime, I make a monthly payment, keep up the insurance and registration for a car that I never have in my possession. Letitia P. Wright