Posted on Thursday, July 18th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 097d76b2

Company: 2001 Daewoo Leganza, from Webb Daewoo, Chicago - need fuel injector - can't get parts to fix

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 16, 2002:

From:

RE: 2001 Daewoo Leganza, from Webb Daewoo, Chicago - need fuel injector - can't get parts to fix

I purchased a 2001 Daewoo Leganza, from Webb Daewoo in Chicago, in December 2001. Yesterday, July 15, 2002, I took the automobile in because the "check engine" light came on and stayed on. Initially, when I attempted to start the car I had a problem starting it. After 4 or 5 tries it finally started, making a strange rumbling noise. The car drove like I was rideing on a flat.

When I got to the dealership there were 3 or 4 more people waiting with similar complaints. I was told that I needed a fuel injector, but they could not repair the problem because they could not get parts from Daewoo, because Daewoo was in bankruptcy.

They also stated that I should not drive the car because it was unsafe DUH! I wanted to know what I was supposed to do for an automobile, how long was I supposed to wait for service etc. All of my questions were answered with "we don't know."

My car note is due on the 9th of each month, (which I'm expected to pay) my insurance must be kept in force, according to my purchase contract, but it seems NO ONE is responsible for upholding the warranties (according to the purchase contract) and I am also paying for GAP insurance and extended warranty.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that a breech of contract has occurred here. I'm paying for an automobile that I can't drive, I have no means of transportation unless I rent a car at my expense. Is there no recourse? Oh yes, Daewoo's 800# is non-responsive. Now what do I do? Thanks for listening,

Wilma Smith-Pumphrey