Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 42700547

Company: 2000 Ford Taurus from Ennis Ford, Ennis, TX - after 60,000 mile maint. transmission dummy light turned on

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 13, 2002:

From:

RE: 2000 Ford Taurus from Ennis Ford, Ennis, TX - after 60,000 mile maint. transmission dummy light turned on

On July 24 th I took my 2000 Ford Taurus to Ennis Ford in Ennis TX. for my 60k maint. also had other things done like oil change, rotate tires, replace front brakes. Well within that 60k maint this includes transmission work. On July 25th I picked up my car and thought everything was ok. On July 9th Im driving down the road and notice a error light on my dash.

I had to pull off the road and look up the error on the owners manual. THe error light has to do with transmission problems. I called Ennis Ford and was told to bring the car in. When I brought the car in I was told that my car would have to stay for about a week due to the mechanic having a huge back log.

Well I rented a car . I then called Easy care (my extended warranty) I told them of the problem.They said to have the dealer call and they would pay . as well as cover the rental; up to 30.00 a day. The next day Easy care calls me and wants ALL the paperwork associated with the maint of my Taurus.

I told them that it probably was a mistake done by Ennis Ford. They said that unless I can provide ALL my receipts they will cover NOTHING!. I told them that I dont have any receipts.

BUt explained that the transmission was ok prior to going in for my 60K maint.They didnt care. NO RECEIPTS NO COVERAGE!! Now Im holding the bag for $1022.00 for repairs and 300.00 for car rental. I went back to Middlekauff Ford (where I bought the car ) I was told that they cancelled with Easy Care because of complaints and they cant help me either.

Ennis Ford also told me they wont deal with Easy Care because of complaints. And Easy Care wont even talk about it. All I have to say is I will never ever buy another FORD ever again. As far as MIDDLEKAUFF FORD IN PLANO!!! and ENNIS FORD IN ENNIS, I'm unhappy.

Im going to buy foreign. If anyone can give me advice on how I might be able to get some or all of my money back PLEASE email me

Henry