Posted on Sunday, July 14th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 690ed817

Company: 2000 Isuzu trooper from Pinebelt dealers, keyport NJ - truck engine blew then reposseded

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 12, 2002:

From: [email protected]

RE: 2000 Isuzu trooper from Pinebelt dealers, keyport NJ - truck engine blew then reposseded

I was sold this truck in August 2001 last year. I was told this truck was in excellent shape, then in a couple of weeks preyer to its purchase the truck left me stranded at my previous job on two occasions which I can prove. I drove it back to the dealer which is about 30 miles from my home, and the truck would not go over 20 miles per hour on the highway which also happened on two different occasions.

When I finally got there they had me wait in the waiting room and so called fixed the vehicle. They told me they could not find anything wrong especially with the ENGINE! they told me they replaced the batteries and there shouldn't be anymore problems. I then quit my previous job to pursue my dream career and for the six months following that incident I paid my car note and insurance. Then in February 2002 the ENGINE BLEW!! why only God knows, the manufacture said I had to have proof of the OIL changes so I gave them proof of the oil changes (Receipts), then I had to pay $150 to have the vehicle towed back to the dealer. Next thing I knew they told me that they would DECIDE if they would fix the vechile under the warranty.

Even though I had full coverage and proof of change and engine problems from the first month of purchase. so, I then got into an argument with on of the service men at the dealer and I basically told him I'm giving you permission to tear down the engine but I will not pay $600 for it, nor do I want the vehicle back! Then he told me THEN I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH IT!! After telling me this the vehicle was in there shop for about

3 MONTHS! There I had to rent cars to get to my auditions and jobs which basically cost me a lot of money. So, I could not afford to pay my $450 month which was also a ripe off car note. I tried to get help but it was useless. Then the loan company told me at the beginning of April that if I did not pay Feb, march and April car notes they will repo the vehicle, I called the dealer and tried to resolve the matter but the would just transfer me to all different depts or just hang up on me. So, the truck was repossess and I am really out of luck now because I don't know what to do. I know now that I was completely ripped of and I wish they had never sent me that discount letter or coupon. I WAS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD TRYING TO BUILD UP MY CREDIT!! and that dealer at that dealership told me that they can help me achieve that. They suggested that my 52 year old mother since she had wonderful credit make me the cosigner because that would be the best thing to do. Know my mothers credit is going down the drain and I will never be able to get another vehicle or get a house or do anything BECAUSE OF THOSE LIARS!!!

E-MAIL: [email protected] THANK YOU,