Posted on Sunday, July 14th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by b3efac5e

Company: 1997 Dodge Caravan - transmission replaced after 4 years - computer broken - dissatisfied with van

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on July 12, 2002:

From:

RE: 1997 Dodge Caravan - transmission replaced after 4 years - computer broken - dissatisfied with van

In 1997, I purchased a new Dodge Caravan. I have never been more unsatisfied with a vehicle in my life. Four years after my purchase, the transmission had to be replaced. From what I understand, this is an extremely common problem with this car.

Since then, I have had numerous problems with this car. In fact, my car has been in the shop for the past two days because the computer in the car has died. This car is pure JUNK. I have three children and I do not feel safe driving my children in this car.

My van is unreliable and extremely costly. I will NEVER buy another Dodge/Chrysler product again and through this complaint, I hope to persuade any other prospective car buyers to stay clear of any type of vehicles made by the company. In my opinion, do not waste your valuable time and money!