1994 Ford F150 faulty transmission

Company: 1994 Ford F150 faulty transmission

1994 Ford F150 Faulty Tansmission

Ford

From:

Date: Saturday, July 07, 2001 01:48 PM After 150,000 miles, my F150's transmission had understandably started to slip at high speeds. After bringing it to the local dealership, they said it could be fixed for $1600.00. Great. After about 5 days, they asked if reverse had worked before I brought it in.

Why of course, I say. So, they take it apart again, and decide it needs a rebuilt transmission. Realizing their mistake, they replaced it for the original $1600.00. After about 10 days, and no loaner car or rental reimbursement, I get it back.

Excited to drive again, I start it up, put it in drive, and it sticks in 1st gear for about 200 yards. Only happening when it's "cold"(mind you its about 80 outside), it finally doesn't happen very often. I notify the dealership, and they say bring it in when I can. So about three months later, it slips in and out of neutral. So, since I have to bring it in, the dealership says they can't replace it until it happens to them. 5 days later, it happens to them. So, I wait another week, and they take it in to replace it.

They keep it for another five days, and joyfully return it to me, for "no charge", except the $30 per day I spent for 17 days to rent another car, not to mention a car does not carry lumber well. So, I again drive it and find the transmission still slips, and sticks in first gear.

So I guess I have to go through it all over again. The dealership tells me to drive it over the weekend, and if it continues, they will wait for it to happen to them, so they can replace it again. Free of charge of course.

99bcd243, 2010-05-10, 06:01PM CDT

by the way what transmission does ur F-150 have beacause mine has the EA4OD and im having some trouble with it also but it will only do it acationally? anything on what to do rather than rebuild?