Better Homes and Gardens - Magazines, Better Homes & Gardens did not authorize subscription

Posted on Friday, July 6th, 2001 at 12:00am CDT by 45f130e3

Company: Better Homes and Gardens

Complaints.com received the following e-message on July 5, 2001:

From:

RE: Better Homes and Gardens

I started receiving Better Homes and Gardens magazines last month, and I

never EVER authorized to receive these magazines, I tried searching for a

phone number, but there wasn't any. Now I received a bill charging me for

the magazines. What can I do? Thank You

Norman Reyes

c9f043cc, 2007-10-21, 04:26PM CDT

I BASICALLY AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM - I NEVER ORDER THIS MAGAZINE & I'M GETTING CHARGED FOR IT - PLEASE STOP SENDING ME THE MAGAZINE - I AM ALSO NOT PAYING FOR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS THAT I HAVE RECEIVED - I HOPE THAT SOMEONE WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS MATTER A.S.A.P - THANK YOU - CARRIE MATEY

6f2724fc, 2007-12-10, 02:42PM CST

I got a call asking if I wanted to renew and continue my gift subscription. I told them no to both, especially to the gift subscription since that friend had moved. I got a card today saying I renewed the gift!!!!! What a crap. I did nothing AND will pay NOTHINg. I will now cancel for good. No phone number to be found. they are a huge scam anymore...Bye bye...

2d20d634, 2007-12-19, 11:34AM CST

I too started receiving subscription with out my approval. There's no phone number anywhere on the bill nor can I find a number when google them. Now I'm getting delinquent bills from them. Not sure what to do either.

bfea83a5, 2008-02-12, 09:04PM CST

I found out that Better Homes & Gardens Telephone Number is 1-800-374-4244

478873a5, 2008-03-10, 02:39PM CDT

I received a bill today in my 11 year old son's name!!! I was LIVID! Thank God I found this site because there is NO PHONE NUMBER listed for them ~ ANYWHERE! When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said that people were "confused" because there was an email going around that offered FREE STUFF if you took a survey. I asked her why my 11 year old would take a survey to get free Better Homes & Garden stuff? I also let her know that he doesn't step foot near a computer without adult supervision and I think that this is a scam. She got very defensive and claimed that there was NO WAY that they could've gotten our information unless we took that survey. I knew then that she was LYING because they had the subscription in my son's first name and MY MARRIED LAST NAME. Soooooo, even if my son thought he would get free stuff, he would have NEVER used MY last name ~ it's NOT HIS LAST NAME! What a bunch of CRAP! I feel like suing the hell out of these people just for lying to me and thinking they could get one over on me. WHAT A JOKE! I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another BHG product, subscription, book, magazine, etc. for as long as I live. And I'll even spread the word to everyone I know what scammers and liars they are! GEEZ!!!

256dcfcb, 2008-04-08, 08:34AM CDT

I called the phone number and chose the option to sign up for a new subscription. The phone was promptly answered and I cancelled the subscription. They told me to ignore the invoice and the subscription was cancelled.

61f550c4, 2008-05-20, 12:39PM CDT

I got a bill recently too and like what has been posted already, the website has no way to contact a real person. The 800 number listed above was a real help, thanks!!

I called and after bypassing the robot I talked to a rep who immediately canceled my subscription and told me to throw away any future bill should I receive any. She was nice to me and hopefully honest. :)

9659e1d3, 2008-05-22, 08:35AM CDT

i also received a bill and never ordered the magazine. I cant find a phone number. Can someone help!

0f4b12ae, 2008-05-29, 05:07PM CDT

My wife entered a "survey" online and gave the site her name and address. Soon after she received an email confirming her order for BHG subscription. This is a scam set up by the magazine to trick people into getting a subscription. It especially takes advantage of naive persons. I called the 800 374 4244 number where the person actually admitted that it was their method.

b11c1145, 2008-07-01, 08:37AM CDT

There has got to be a way for us to sue the hell out of better homes and gardens this don't make any sense how in the hell you send a 9 year old child a bill for a magazine her own mother don't know anything about and then you think yall slick by not printing the customer service number on the bill when you send it thinking you got some ignorant people who's going to fall for you scam sorry not this family and I better not receive a magazine or another bill in my daughters name are we going to take this a little further shall I say make it a legal matter. Better Homes you need to do a better job with your business call and verify information and not just assume before in you guys be in some serious trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c3291a48, 2008-08-04, 04:04PM CDT

I received a bill and I never subscribed to Better Homes and Gardens. I e-mailed them telling them I didn't order their magazine. Now I have gotten a bill and another crappy magazine!!!

b74388ce, 2008-11-03, 12:36PM CST

my husband only ordered the renovation style magazine and we got the bill in the mail for $19.95. I went online to pay and the only way I could pay for the renovation mag was to also purchase BHG mag at the same time for a total of $42.45. I was outraged and couldn't figure out how to pay for the ONE mag we ordered. . .then we I paid, they charged me twice. So my 2 yr. subscription turned into over $80 dollars and of course there is not a single number anywhere on the website or on the bill. Better Homes and Garden has horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never even think about ordering from them again!!!

How do I get my money back???????

ccfdee41, 2008-11-19, 05:12PM CST

our 12 year old got the same ridiculous bill for a magazine he never odered! I used the phone number you listed as you won't find it on their website anywhere! I agree that a class action law suite should be filed and I would join it. I called the number and they canceled but this was the second time we tried to get out of their web.

4ed3db2d, 2008-12-07, 03:36PM CST

Better Homes and Gardens magazine used my personal information which was obtained from my naive Grandmother (not from me) who had signed me up to receive a "Free Gift Subscription - No Obligations" for one of their sister publications, Traditional Home Magazine. They then used my name and address to create a subscription to the Better Homes and Gardens magazine - a subscription that I never authorized. Not only that - it's not even the "Free Gift" my Grandmother had signed up for to have sent to me!

I have been receiving bills from them stating that this subscription account is past due, long overdue, delinquent...there is no phone number to be able to speak with a customer service representative to report that this account was unauthorized and dispute the bills I keep receiving.

I am outraged...Better Homes and Gardens and their parent company, The Meredith Publishing Group (aka Meredith Corportation), have gone too far. These phony bills are a scam and should be stopped. I never submitted my information to them and therefore did not agree to their Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policy which states, "If you subscribe to a magazine published by Meredith Corporation, or if you otherwise provide us with your name and postal address, we may share this information with other reputable companies that offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you." No thanks - I would never purchase any of your products or services with an agreement like that! Always read the fine print folks.

I don't have the means to pursue this legally, and many of you out there probably don't either, but here is what you CAN do...Go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint against Better Homes and Gardens (Contact Person: Susan Johnson; Telephone: 515-284-2735; Address: 1716 Locust St., Des Moines, IA 50309-3023), AND their parent company, The Meredith Publishing Group (Contact Person: James T. Carr, Publisher at Meredith Corporation; Telephone: 212-557-6600; Address: 125 Park Ave., New York, NY 10017-5529).

Request that they remove your personal information from all of their databases, including the parent company and any partners with whom they may have shared your info. This is BAD BUSINESS and a scam...report it.

fa18a2f4, 2009-01-20, 08:08PM CST

I am sorry to learn of this, unfornately, I am also a victim. I have also tried to contact Better Homes and Garden Magazine, however my efforts have not proved to be successful.

Wonder why there is NO business number on the bill???

I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have in helping me resove this matter.

Amanda L.

f1aa8a91, 2009-08-21, 03:05PM CDT

I have just received a bill from better homes and garden magazine stating that I signed up for a subscription and I did NOT EVER do that. I asked them how they received my information and they said that "the system was down right now" that could identify how I was signed up....how convient. The phone number for Better Homes and Gardens Magazine is 1-800-374-4244 and I had to be savy on the internet to even find it. I had to contact their parent company in NY city to have them give it to me. Just plain wrong!!! It is as scam I believe that they are running to send you a "bill" that is not a real bill but just pushing for subscriptions. NOT right...many people would just pay the $5.99 and let it go...it is just NOT RIGHT!!!!

cfeecd1e, 2009-10-05, 03:53PM CDT

The phone number for BHG 1-800-374-4244

2f499262, 2009-11-02, 11:30AM CST

I was having the same problem. Found their phone number after alot of searching. Called and cancelled my subscription and they were very courteous. Here's the phone number 1-800-374-4244

Hope this helps everyone!!

85c4537a, 2009-11-17, 02:43PM CST

The exact same thing happened to me and I was so mad. I couldn't find any phone number on the bill that I received. Thank you to whoever posted the phone # on this website. I called them and finally got a real person to talk to and they promptly cancelled everything and I asked them to take my information out of their database.

49b81c68, 2009-12-10, 01:57PM CST

thank you - I did an order online - and it wasn't processed correctly - so I needed to call!!

d7e72446, 2010-01-03, 12:05PM CST

I had ordered Better Homes and Gardens magazine and had no problem with them until it came time to renew my subsciption. They sent me a couple of what looked like real bills-(unless you read them carefully)-They do say "BILL" on top. I found their 800 number on line, called them up and had them cancel the subscription and take my name off their mailing list. They were courteous, but I probably won't buy from them again.:(

b3752e55, 2010-02-09, 05:27PM CST

I am currently having the same problem with Better Homes & Gardens magazine. I ordered the magazine once and do not recall renewing it, but am now being harassed with past-due statements requesting that I "simply pay the amount". Have never been able to find a phone number and my notes by mail have been ignored. Thanks to this web site, I have been able to secure the phone number and hope to get results. I will never subscribe again.

e6d751b8, 2010-03-15, 03:25PM CDT

BHG is the WORST customer service, ever! I kept emailing them and writing on my bills but they constantly ignored me. Every employee in the subscription/customer service must be total idiots and lazy. No magazine subscription is worth this kind of aggrivation.

e5bde233, 2010-04-15, 05:09PM CDT

I received the same, but it was 3 magazines,Woman's Day, Family Circle and Marie Claire. I did not order them, then I got a bill for $30. There was no phone number on the bill, or a website. What can I do to stop this?

a23caf67, 2010-04-27, 11:25AM CDT

My mother-in-law had a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and ordered one for me. I really didn't want it, but didn't tell her. She died in December. On March 1 I decide to cancel both subscriptions. I would have rather called but could not find a number. I used the automated part of the website to cancel both subscriptions. I never heard from them. I kept waiting for a check to show up. I kept looking for a phone number. It wasn't until today, when I got the phone number off of this website that I was actually able to get in touch with them. They said they didn't get my cancellation notice so they are only going to date it from today. I think this is a lot of bull. You should have better contact information on your website so your customers can get in touch with you. So they're not going to pay me back for the 2 months that I thought they had my cancellation notice and I could not phone them to find out what was taking so long to get the refund. This is not a good way to run a business.

2a6aabbb, 2010-04-30, 03:16PM CDT

I paid for a 1 year subscription to BHG and gave one as a gift to my mother. Both were paid for in advance. My one year was up and I usually switch up my magazine subscriptions so I did not renew. Now I am recieving bills stating that I am SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT!!! I have never been delinquent on anything in my life so this is very offending. I even went back through my records to make SURE it was all paid. I have had MANY magazine subsciptions and when the year is up you can renew or move on. I had cancelled on line months ago and was still recieving past due notices. There is nothing on the information you recieve or on the website stating that you have entered a contract that must be canceled. This is harrassment, undue stress, ect. Any lawyers out there?

f6351e8a, 2010-05-06, 11:29AM CDT

Good luck. I've ben online to and cancelled this magazine three times in the past four months. Their customer service said to call billing...billing said to call customer service. Today I discovered that my wife, wanting to honor what she thought was a legitimate debt, paid the last notice from the "DELINQUENT CENTER".

Following is the message on the "Delinquent Notice" --"As you know, we have been very patient, but your debt is now seriously delinquent. We fully expect you to resolve this situation as honorably as you began it...please pay your debt now."

What a crock...in the country I'm from if you request a subscription to be cancelled and it's acknowledged then anything received that you didn't order is considered a gift ... NOT A DEBT.

75f73ff3, 2010-05-21, 10:46AM CDT

I've looked all over the BH&G website and I can't find a phone number for Customer Service. Does anyone have the phone number? I was e-mailed saying I have 4 different subscriptions for the same magazine. I tried to cancel online, but it doesn't give me the option. How do I get in touch with an actual person?

911aa7c1, 2010-05-24, 06:28PM CDT

I DO NOT WANT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

4a94b279, 2010-07-06, 01:19PM CDT

Thank you so much for putting the 1-800-374-4244 customer service number on this site! It was the only place I could find it!

224d9b57, 2010-07-16, 03:08PM CDT

I too am looking for their telephone number. I started a subscription for my Mother and she only received 1 issue while she should have received about 3 by now. I have complained via email last week on their website, by I have not received an answer as yet.

MAP

Anonymous, 2010-07-23, 12:57PM CDT

HELLO ALL,

WHERE DO I START? MY WIFE AND I TRIED THE MAGAZINE OUT AND NO LONGER WANTED TO RECIEVE IT. LITTLE DID WE KNOW THAT THE SIMPLE ACTION OF ACCEPTING A TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION WOULD TURN OUT TO BE A LIVING HELL. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, WE PAYED THE EXTRA 5.00 DOLLARS FOR A GIFT SUBCRIPTION FOR SOME VERY CLOSE FRIENDS {A 35 YEAR RELATIONSHIP} OF OURS ONLY TO PASS ON TO THEM THE SAME NIGHTMARE. THEY ARE SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS THAT THEY STOPPED TAKING OUR CALLS AND BASICALLY CUT TIES WITH US. ANYWAY LONG STORY SHORT. BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION AND OF COURSE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE ANY OTHER LEGTIMATE COMPANY WOULD DO. INSTEAD THEY FIGURE PEOPLE WILL JUST GIVE UP AND PAY.WILL I THINK THAT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS IN ORDER. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO THE EASIEST WAY TO DO THIS? OH AND BY THE WAY THE CEO'S NAME IS STEVEN LACY, PERHAPS AS MANY OF US AS POSSIBLE SHOULD PAY HIM A CALL IN PERSON. I WILL TELL YOU THIS. IF I HAD THE SPARE TIME TO TRACK HIM DOWN,AND I VERY WELL MIGHT TAKE THE TIME; {KEEPING IT LEGAL OF COARSE} HE WOULD WISH HE HAD A TIME MACHINE TO GO BACK AND UNDO ALL THE TROUBLE HE AND HIS ORGANIZATION HAS CAUSED US ALL. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU AND KEEP THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IDEA IN PLAY.

LOU C.

82148919, 2010-08-20, 11:00AM CDT

I had the same issues recently and located a phone number, 1-800-374-4244. I hope this helps

1f70ba36, 2010-08-25, 03:44PM CDT

I just recieved one of their magazines. I could not find a phone number, but your site came up. I found the number. When I called they were polite, and told me the order came from SubCo 1-800-258-3350. they cancelled delivery, but I had to get SubCo. to cancell the subscription.

Subco Confirmed my location and name,cancelled, but also said their order came from another mag. sub. co.-800-300-3604. This company did not ask me any questions. I had given them my name, and they didn't even ask my zip, until I prompted, because I wanted to be sure they had the right person and cancelled all magazines (I've gotten 4 or 5 this year.) I hope these phone numbers help.

cf0ce8aa, 2010-08-31, 10:13AM CDT

call 1-800-347-4244. customer service. i just got a bill because i signed up for a sweepstakes. they cancelled it right away.

also, if you just write on the bill "refused! i never ordered this!" and mail back to them, they will cancel it. Hope this helps!

e77dbca4, 2010-09-01, 11:34AM CDT

I to was getting bills for better homes and garden mag and i kept writing them i no longer wanted the mag. the tele number listed 800 374 4244 was very helpful. the number takes you to a person who can help.

461e7d0a, 2010-09-23, 11:20AM CDT

Better Homes and Gardens Magazine phone number is 800-374-4244. I just reached them at this number and cancelled my subscription.

6ab4d225, 2010-09-25, 09:50AM CDT

I too started receiving Better Homes and Gardens without my authorization. Several weeks ago I started receiving Rachel Ray's magazine, also without my authorization. With the first one I thought that maybe it was a sample. The second one .. I was wondering if it was a gift from someone then my husband asked me about a charge on our credit card bill. He called and had the "subscription" stopped and the charge removed. Then I got a Better Homes and Gardens without having authorized it. I called the credit card co as I am totally disgusted that they would be able to make these unauthorized charges to our account and can't imagine where they got our card number. As a result we are changing our card number. This practice can only be characterized as a SCAM and even if I wanted to subscribe to Better Homes and Gardens, I wouldn't!

eddce0c7, 2010-09-30, 04:39PM CDT

Hi

I've been having trouble with BHG. I had a subscription but did not renew. Now I am getting bills for a renewal. I called the numbers given previously and was put on hold. After five minutes, it was obvious they weren't coming back on the phone. The same thing has happened with Family Circle. Both send threats of sending my account to a collection agency. How does one break this vicious cycle?

4d854f4b, 2010-10-06, 01:54PM CDT

I got a magazine a few days ago with a letter thanking me for the purchase I made at Wal-Mart which included a free gift of a years subscription. I didn't make that purchase. I got the number from this complaint section and called them. They said it was from a purchase of dinnerware which had a free gift. Both my daughters bought dinnerware and I have a call into them to see if they sent for the free gift. I asked her to cancel the subscription and she did. That number is 800-374-4244.

ca013bce, 2010-11-10, 11:58PM CST

I also took the time to file against them.

They went as far as sending a third party debt collector to try and get a payment. I called the third party debt collector and resolved it, but it did not stop Better Homes and Gardens from sending more.

I am going to call the phone number to once and for all cancel, as I too was unable to find Better Homes and Gardens phone number.

Thanks to all for posting the contact number to cancel for the rest of us.

I will also repost it again: 1-800-374-4244

66e912d4, 2010-11-27, 05:38PM CST

Today, I received a bill from Travel & Leisure saying they'll automatically renew my subscription unless I notify them. Made me wonder about the other magazines I receive. I went to BH&G website, was unsuccessful at registering so I thought I'd phone. No phone number anywhere. During the registration process, a little box was checked permitting 3rd parties to e-mail me. I unchecked it. Everytime I tried to register, it was automatically re-checked. I ordered this for a friend who is not on the Internet and shudder to think that they might continue to send this and bill her. Will try some of the 800 numbers on this web site.

92668e16, 2011-01-06, 08:31PM CST

I have the same problem, I received an issue then I received 2 past due notices stating, we honored your request in good faith -- now please honor ours (account in arrears)... I just called the phone number on this site, and the operator pulled up my information from an order I made years ago which was done 2 years ago, she said it was part of my past order that said I would be eligible for the special pricing again, the operator told me she will cancel and i will not receive any more bills..I find this unacceptable and will not purchase bhg again! they must have low subscriptions and just make orders up from pulling previous ones. going to BBB now. i don't trust that they will not do this again since they have my name and address...good luck

23386910, 2011-01-24, 10:14AM CST

Jan 24,2011

I did not reorder better Homes and Gardens.

I have returned bills saying so.

PLEASE do not send more mags OR bills!!!

Donna Bozman

48 Kings Creek Dr.

Bluffton, SC 29909

23386910, 2011-01-24, 10:17AM CST

Jan 24,2011

I did not reorder better Homes and Gardens.

I have returned bills saying so.

PLEASE do not send more mags OR bills!!!

Donna Bozman

48 Kings Creek Dr.

Bluffton, SC 29909

e5caa1f4, 2011-01-28, 10:38AM CST

I also got Better Homes and Gardens Magazines which I never ordered. They did give me Subco's telephone, but the Customer Service Rep hung up on me when I tried to find out more information. Subco gave me the telephone number for Magazine Publishing Service 800 784 0232

who they gave them my information. No one was available to answer my call. This is a rip off..a scam of the highest order.

05f808b7, 2011-02-01, 03:39PM CST

I suscribed for Better Homes and Gardens magazines a year ago, and I

never EVER authorized to renew this subscription again, I tried searching for a phone number, but there wasn't any. Now I received a bill charging me for the magazines.

I am contacting the Business Bureau here in my city to stop them from billing me!!!

Alida Davila-Larrichio

46c3b6d9, 2011-03-09, 05:33PM CST

I too have been battling BH&G to quit sending us the magazine and the weekly deluge of "billing notices". It is amazing what trouble one has to go through just to cancel a "phantom subscription". I have read several of the complaints on here and I feel sorry for the people who actually had a subscription but want to cancel. After sending several of their notices back with "void" written on them, I found the phone number on this site. I called them and politely complained; the phone call lasted less than two minutes.

f9f0726d, 2011-03-19, 04:08PM CDT

I, too, received unauthorized issues and then a bill - and no phone number to address this issue. Thanks to the person who posted the number. I talked to a CSR and she removed me from the subscription. As CSRs do this for a living, it's important to be nice to them - they have no control over their slimey management.

b208b20e, 2011-05-24, 01:25PM CDT

I am a long time subscriber and I do like the magazine. Somehow I have ended up subscribed through January of 2019 and my daughter's gift subscription is through Feb 2016 because I kept paying their "renewals" that made it sound like I was on the verge of cancellation. I finally got wise to their tactics (guess I am a bit slow) but imagine my suprise when I got my last renewal notice telling me that I needed to reply by May 17 2011 to avoid interruption! What? When? Pay now so I don't get cancelled in 8 years and so my daughter doesn't get canceled in 5 years? Give me a freaking break. I called them up and asked them to make an adjustment to 2013 on both and a refund for the balance. I should have just cancelled I suppose but I do like the magazine. Who knows........I may prefer to go paperless and look at all of my magazines on an iPad even before that but I certainly don't want to be locked in any longer than 2013.

cd22cfd4, 2011-05-25, 06:53AM CDT

Same problem with never signing up for any of this shitty magazine's crap!

If I'm charge one red cent, you will hear from my attorneys

Shawn L. Carson

Bronx NY 10458

9f49c678, 2011-07-19, 11:11AM CDT

BHG magazine says they have automatic renewal clauses in their subscriptions. Fortunately we paid by check when we got the $5.99 special offer. But they sent several bills for the renewal, which we never agreed to.

There was no phone number on the bill. I had to register online and cancel there. I later found the number for the magazine customer service. It is...1-800-374-4244. All the supervisors were busy on other lines. I wonder why.

f899b412, 2011-08-10, 09:40AM CDT

I too found myself receiving e-mails "thanking me for my order" for magazines which I DID NOT ORDER! This happened while I was participating in the BHG Sweepstakes, (which I will NO LONGER do). After several attempts of contacting them by e-mail, (with NO REPLY), I was ready to turn them into the BBB when I found this site. Thank goodness! I will still turn them in. The phone number to contact to cancel the subscriptions is: 800-374-4244. When I called to cancel to my surprise there were 3 subscriptions out there which I DID NOT order! (I thought there we 2!)! ! ! ! Amazing. This IS VERY DECEPTIVE and because of this I will not do their sweepstakes anymore - Carla Savely

ced0b0a0, 2011-10-30, 10:20AM CDT

I have also started to receive about 10-15 magazines, in which I also did not authorize. This is so bogus I can't even believe it, it says you will receive a $100.00 Walmart card, if this is so true, where is the $100.00?? Never received that but all the subscriptions?? I will also turn this in to the BBB. Cheri Elbert Neola, IA

4942c785, 2012-01-31, 06:20PM CST

I am having the very same problem. I have tried to no avail to get a response from BHG. I paid for a one year subscription and have never receiv ed even one magazine for the 3 months since I subscribed. We all need help! I now have a number at least from this blog. I threatened to turn them into the BBB also. How can we all get the company to respond? I am going to put in a contest with my bank to try to recover the money for the subscription.

25cea78c, 2012-02-17, 12:59PM CST

I too, started receiving this unwanted magazine in my mailbox last year and thought it might stop but it continues to continue. when and where do I complain about this magazine unauthorized into my mail!

Katherine Holmes

2094ced3, 2012-03-27, 09:10AM CDT

I am having the same problem. I never even subscribed to the magazine and I am receiving bills. I could not find a phone number to call and cancel. What's the deal!!

482fe016, 2012-04-13, 07:33PM CDT

This reminds me of the Reader Digest problem. Who can we contact?? Sure BHG may have a claus in their subscription, but they don't offer a place to say no... I'm wanting out...

7cc0d483, 2012-08-08, 11:04AM CDT

I received BHG as a gift from a relative. Now my subscription is up, and they have been calling and HARASSING me nonstop for the past week. I explained to the first person who called that I am not interested in renewing my subscription. Two hours later, a different person called about the same thing. I told her that I just spoke to someone and that I was not renewing my subscription. Then I received 5 more calls within a 2-day period. Each time I say I am not renewing, they hang up or try to guilt me into renewing. I have asked to have my phone number removed from their calling list, but to no avail. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau soon.

4e3bb5cb, 2013-06-28, 12:51AM CDT

I have been receiving cookbooks from Meredith Corporation and wanted to stop future shipments. I, too, searched the Better Homes and Gardens invoices and website for a customer service number with no success. I used the 1-800-374-4244 number provided here and found that it was only for BHG magazines. The customer service representative there provided me the toll-free number for Meredith books, and that is: 1-800-439-4119. Thanks for the first number, or I would have never found the second!!

bb528bed, 2013-09-19, 05:39PM CDT

I received 2013 Christmas from the Heart Book and have sent checks twice for the full amount. Neither check was cashed and I just received another notice on none payment. There is no telephone number to call or no website to contact regarding this situation. I want to cancel this automatic renewal and clear up the matter as to what happened to my checks?

Kathryn B., 2014-01-09, 11:55AM CST

I have subsciption that was paid in the amount of $5.99 but have not received anything. I think I was suppose to start receiving them starting 1/4/2014 please check on this

eb78ce1f, 2014-01-10, 07:01PM CST

This is amazing...can you all say SCAM.

The 800-374-4244 is for magazines and if your receiving the books via BHG / Meredith books you need to call 800-439-4119.

The rep said she would have me removed from the book lists.....time will tell if it really works or not.

Good everyone