Posted on Friday, July 13th, 2001 at 2:35pm CDT by b71407cf

Company: Appliances, Washing Machines - General Electric Super Capacity destroyed after four years

Super Capacity Washer

General Electric

From:

Date: Thursday, July 12, 2001 02:35 PM Dear General Electric washing machines:

I have a General Electric Super Capacity Washer that I purchased in February of '97. At the age of just 4 years, the transmission had to be replaced. 3 months later,now, the suspension let go during a spin cycle and the washer slammed itself violently against a wash tub and DESTROYED itself. The frame is now twisted, the suspension is shot, the tub is broken and the only that is left intact is the new transmission. This washer is a piece of junk. The repair man, that came to tell me that my machine was broken,(as if I couldn't have already guessed), to the tune of $85.00, says that in his 30 years in the business, that he has never seen such a thing.

He also stated that GE won't do anything about it and we are just stuck! This is wrong!!! A 4 year old washing machine should not commit suicide. Whatever you do, DON'T buy GE products. They do not stand behind their products or their guarantee.