Pepsi Cola - new 24 oz bottles are too heavy, hard to carry for senior citizens

Posted on Wednesday, January 8th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 136bd0e1

Company: Pepsi Cola - new 24 oz bottles are too heavy, hard to carry for senior citizens

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on January 6, 2003:

From: Charlene Markarian [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19858#]

RE: Pepsi Cola - new 24 oz bottles are too heavy, hard to carry for senior citizens

Last week when I went to purchase Pepsi at my local grocer I found that Pepsi has changed from the 20 oz bottle to a 24 oz bottle. Instead of the 8pk 20 oz they are now selling 6pk 24oz bottles.

These bottles are not practical. Try walking around with one in your hand to drink out of at a party, picnic or at work. They are too large and bottoms don't seem flat enough.

Senior citizens also drink soda but they have a hard time carrying these bottles. They have less strength in their hands from arthritis and other health problems.

I end up throwing out the last few ounces because it gets warm because it's just to much and looses its fizz.

Poor judgement on their part. If they are in financial distress they need to find a better way to snap out of it. Coke sells thier soda in 6pk 12oz - much better.

They probably are saying to themself about the consumer - "They'll get use to it" Not me, I'm switching to Coke.