Buick - 2002 Buick Rendezvous - CXL model - paid $ 36,000 - poor gas mileage - permanent shimmy and pulling to the left - unhappy with car quality

Posted on Tuesday, January 28th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 6725bed5

Product: 2002 Buick Rendezvous - CXL model

Company: Buick

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Purchased new Aug.2001,no rebates,no low cost financing.Purchased top of the line CXL,all the bells & whistles,no other equipment available,it has it all,to the tune of $36,000 + -. Shortly after purchase started to have problems with electronics,heads up display lost among other things .All lights,etc.filled up with water, every little rain,shimmy in front end at all speeds and vehicle pulls to right all the time,you don't have to use brakes.Gas mileage rated at approx. 16 in town,28 hwy.

I never got more than 16 straight turnpike driving. Wyoming Valley Motors,Kingston,Pa. fixed most items under warranty but I still have the poor gas mileage and a permanent shimmy and pulling to the left.The last time I was to the dealership I was told the shimmy was a"normal shimmy" and as far as the gas mileage to "take it up with GM"I guess this Buick proves to me that Mexican Made GM products are certainly inferior.I presently have approx.10,000 miles on this piece of expensive junk and don't even care to drive it.The motor is too small (185 HP) for this vehicle,thus no gas mileage,speed or pickup.

The Chevy Blazer has much more features,a bigger engine and all for about $10,000 less than the Buick Rendezvous.This Rendezvous is supposed to be a luxury car. Beautiful large mirrors outside- too bad they are not heated like the Blazer,I really enjoy rolling down the windows to scrape the ice & snow off them with my hands.I paid extra for Captain seats,2nd row,all I can say,I have 3 rows of seats and adults can only fit in the front 2,driver and next to driver.I have a trailer towing package,larger radiator for cooling, transmission, etc. except, no hitch- like is standard on the Blazer.

At least a piece of rope whould have helped me GM. My Insurance has escalated greatly since the Rendezvous crash test by the Ins.Cos. front & back at 5 mph is around $3500.,I believe I read.My insurance certainly confirms that.My new Mercedes is cheaper to insure than this "luxury Buick. As far as depreciation,forget it,in one year my $36,000 Rendezvous is now selling for used at approx. $20,000,not bad ,huh?

I haven't had this much gratitude from GM since I had my 1980 Seville Diesel which was a poorly modified gas engine that couldn't take the stress of being a diesel and blew up on most every one made.That was the last GM I purchased before this Buick,22 years and it will be a much longer time before I ever purchase one again.The local dealership,tells me,quote"we can't help you take it up with General Motors"Thanks a lot,you took my money willingly enough This is my opinion as to my personal experience with my 2002 Buick Rendezvous..

2bab061e, 2009-10-14, 10:31AM CDT

Wished I would have read this before I bought my 2006 AWD Rendezvous! Everything is falling apart and the dealership cannot figure out to fix everything! The gas mileage is worst than a Hummer!Last Buick I ever buy!