AOL - AOL - transferred monthly billing from one credit card to another - then billed on both cards

Posted on Monday, January 27th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 2bb79a4a

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I am on “hold” with the AOL Fraud Department as I am typing. I actually think I’m on ignore! I purchased a gateway computer September 2001 and received a free year of AOL. I received a bill for the monthly service October 2002. I decided to transfer the billing to a credit card that had no balance so I could pay the billing monthly. AOL then started to bill both credit cards.

I was transferred to the Fraud Department after speaking to a customer service representative. Evidently the second account was created fraudulently and had to be handled by the fraud department.

I personally think that whoever I spoke to when I transferred the billing made a mistake and instead of assigning the new credit card number to the old account she created a new account.

At any rate, I have been on hold for thirty minutes and am so tired of Leann Rimes and her new song that I could scream!! No wonder AOL stock isn’t worth a hill of beans anymore.