AOL - AOL - attempted to cancel, but then promised, but didn't receive 90 days free service

Posted on Sunday, January 26th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 113b744f

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I was or still a member of aol, back on Oct of 2002 (should have written the date when I'd called) I'd asked to discontinue my aol services and a representative of aol persisted to keep aol another try and I would be given 90 days free of service which is until January 29 2003.

I was really more pressured to keep my aol service going. So I gave it another chance ( I really don't know what I was thinking at this time) but anyway about the middle of January I gave aol another call to cancel the services again.

January 22 2003 I got my phone bill and guest what? I am being charge 28.90 for December. I'd called the billing service and try with my best patience at hand to get an explanation about the bill and I was told that I was on given 60 days of free services and not 90 days and also that when I'd called it was the day of my billing cycles which I had no idea and I wasn't told when I called in the first time to cancel my account.

So now I am stuck with 28.90 charges that I have only used 15 hours total from the time I called to cancel in the first place. What is this company doing to consumers????? They say one thing and do another. Please help, I am unemployed right now and can't afford to be getting more bills from AOL.

Sincerely,