wine.com - wine.com - purchased six bottles of wine online - UPS information revealed that wine delivered to wrong address - waiting several weeks now for reply from wine.com

Posted on Monday, January 20th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 4864d2a8

Company: wine.com

I purchased six bottles of wine wine.com on December 19, 2002 as a Christmas gift to be delivered before Christmas day. The wine was never delivered to the intended party. I had received a tracking number and checked on the status only to find out it was delivered to the wrong address (wrong city!) two weeks later. Have had no response from wine.com after sending 4 e-mails to their customer service.

UPS, the delivery company involved, responded in a timely way with an explanation that clearly put the responsibility on the part of wine.com; UPS had not received the complete address and then after questioning were given an address different from the one I had given to wine.com. I will write wine.com and call them but am perplexed by their lack of response.

I am, of course, upset that my gift was not received by the right party but am down right angry that wine.com has not responded in any way! Any advice is welcomed.

J. Oppie