Posted on Wednesday, January 9th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 39cc03b2

Company: 1998 2500 Dodge Ram Pickup with an extended warranty - many things not covered under warranty

# 20 for January 9, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 8, 2002:

From: Dwane W. Evans [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19346#]

I have a "98, 2500 Dodge Ram Pickup with an extended warranty that was purchased from the dealer Upon purchase. Last year I took my truck in for warranty service on several items. Was told in all cases except one that They were not covered under warranty. Of the one that was, I still had to pay some type of a fee. Recently I took my truck in because it was leaking around the rear window in a couple of areas and I requested It be repaired under warranty.. Was told To bring it back in a couple of days and given an appointment.

After taking back and waiting a couple of hours, was then told it was not covered under warranty. I was then charged $40 for the service. When the salesmen sell the vehicles and the financial person start shoving paper to sign, they make it sound Like you are getting a bumper to bumper extended warranty and just leave it to us we will take care of you.

It all come down to the fact That their pressure is to get your signature on the dotted line and keep the papers coming so you do not have Time to read the small print. In many cases what you sign is not a copy of the small print to begin with and Gets mailed to you later in the mail. I feel like I have been "Taken".