Passport BMW - Passport BMW, Marlow Heights, MD - 1999 BMW 528i, purchased used, has many problems

Posted on Tuesday, January 8th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by cb794708

Company: Passport BMW

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I recently purchased a 1999, 528I at Passport BMW (5050 Auth Way Marlow Heights, MD). I have always thought highly of BMW specially the quality of the vehicle a long with the customer service. Unfortunately, my experience at this particular dealership has changed my views of BMW's customer service in general.

After waiting two hours for the vehicle to be detailed, I drove the vehicle home at 9:15 p.m.

The next day I noticed many different problems with the vehicle: the right rear view mirror housing was broken, the temperature switch on the heater fell off, the back seat of the vehicle has coffee/glue stains, the interior of the roof was covered with black stains, the right two doors has cuts in the leather, the CD changer did not work (reads error),

the rear bumper has two thick imprinted scrapes the size of a square, another thick imprinted scrape on the left rear door, the front hood has a lot of nicks, and the front bumper has a scuff mark, and the rear air vents were broken and to top everything off, when you drive above 55 mph the steering wheel of the vehicle starts to shake.

I expected to be treated with honesty and respect. I really believed the BMW vehicles and their salesman were qualified in very aspect of quality. The dealer stating to me that the vehicle is a certified pre-owned vehicle with no problems, but as you can see I'm stuck with a lemon. I wanted to return the vehicle but the dealer would not allow it, I have yet to see all of my problems resolved.

The dealer keeps rescheduling me for another day to bring in the vehicle and this was since 12/13/01. I am forced to drive from Virginia to Maryland, this is a waste of my time and mileage. This dealership has shown to be very unreliable and shows no quality in customer service, this brings down the quality of BMW vehicles in general. I am very unhappy with the vehicle and I would rather not have it at all.

Sincerely,