Register.com - shabby customer service and business practices

Company: Register.com - shabby customer service and business practices

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 6, 2002:

From: Michael Hayes [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19380#]

Register.com - shabby customer service and business practices

My problem is with Register.com and their rather shabby customer service and business practices.

On September 19, 2001, I purchased two ".info" domains from Register.com. After waiting their required 60-day period, I paid the transfer fee to Catalog.com where I wanted one of the web sites to be hosted.

On December 18 Catalog.com initiated a request to Register.com to have the domain registration transferred. For some vague reason, Register.com was unable to accommodate.

After much back-and forth with both companies, I received a call from Customer Support at Register.com on December 21.

The service rep. told me that the matter had been referred to "their best technical people." She also told me that the main problem was that Register.com did not even have an approved method of transfer in place for ".info" or ".biz" domains.

I have tried on two occasions since to get an update on the situation from Register.com. On December 31, I received an e-mail from Register's Customer Service Dept. telling me "someone will be in touch with me shortly." I am still waiting for that someone.

Because of their incompetence and refusal to communicate, I have had to purchase another domain with Catalog.com in order to have the web site up by January 1, 2002.

I am obviously not going to get any satisfaction from Register.com. Hopefully, someone else might benefit from my experience.