Posted on Sunday, January 6th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 87540d34

Company: M.C.I. WIRELESS SERVICES INC. - trouble with service for new phone, poor customer service

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 5, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19402#

" On January 2nd I recieved a cellular phone from "Third Millennium Telecommunications Inc. ". It was supposed to be ready to use out of the box, I charged the phone as instructed and then tried to place a call but the phone would not let me place any call's, not even to customer service.

The service is M.C.I. wireless/ Cingular services but the message I kept getting was AT&T wirless services. After many calls to customer service, about at least 7, and being placed on hold for 30 to 45 minutes at a time to get thru , I finially got a Technician to assign my phone a new phone number under M.C.I. wireless services. ( The company that sent me the phone accidently programed it under AT&T wireless services instead of M.C.I./ Cingular services).

He then told me in about 24 to 48 hour's it would be functioning for placing call's ( He also said that it would be expedited to about 24 hour's concidering the circumstances surrounding the incident wasn't my fault and I already had the phone 3 day's without service.)

It has been about 38 hour's already and the phone is still under AT&T wireless services and not functioning for call's. Being I am charged $49.99 per month for phone service, I am paying for service that I cannot use presently.

The technician who helped me assigned my phone a new number and said it was all now up to M.C.I. to turn the service on with Cingular. When I called M.C.I., and waited about another 30 minutes on hold, they said the paperwork was done and it would be on within less then A day...."THE PHONE IS STILL NOT ON" !!!!! Can you please help me with this problem I am having with them" ?

Thankyou !