DELL DESKTOP SYSTEM - didn't ship monitor, overcharged

Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 856b33e8

Company: DELL DESKTOP SYSTEM - didn't ship monitor, overcharged

# 14 for January 29, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 28, 2002:

From: Lynch, Vicki (Financial Advisory Center) [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18893#]

DELL DESKTOP SYSTEM - didn't ship monitor, overcharged HI I ORDERED THE DELL DESKTOP SPECIAL WITHOUT SHIPPING ON DEC 15TH. THIS WAS A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR MY DAUGHTER.

DELL DID NOT SHIP THE MONITOR. WHEN I CALLED IN THEY SAID I NEVER ORDERED IT SO THEY CHARGED ME $734 PLUS SHIPPING FOR THE KEYBOARD AND HARDDRIVE. THE SPECIAL WAS $899 FOR EVERYTHING.

AFTER I ORDERED ON LINE I CALLED DELL TO MAKE SURE THE ORDER WAS CORRECT AS I WANTED MY DAUGHTER TO HAVE IT BY CHRISTMAS. AFTER NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS DELL SAID I CANNOT EVEN GIVE THEM THE COMPUTER BACK. THEIR SUPPORT LINE KEEPS ME ON HOLD AND REFUSES TO GIVE ME TO A SUPERVISOR.

I USE THE DELL PRODUCT AT WORK AND I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING TOP OF THE LINE. ALL I WANT IS WHAT I ORDERED. MY DAUGHTER IS SO DISAPPOINTED. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE PROOF OF CORRESPONDENCE TO DELL AS WELL

AS THE DATE AND TIMES I CALLED. I'VE REQUESTED THEM TO PULL THOSE CALLS AS

THEY SAY I NEVER CONTACTED THEM. THEY ALSO TOLD ME THERE WAS NO FREE SHIPPING DEAL IN MID JANUARY. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO OR WHAT TO DO.

VICTORIA LYNCH