1999 FORD WINDSTAR LX VAN - power steering sytem went bad

# 33 for January 22, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 21, 2002:

From: greg emery [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19056#]

1999 FORD WINDSTAR LX VAN - power steering sytem went bad

I BOUGHT A 1999 FORD WINDSTAR LAST SUMMER FROM ROME FORD LINCOLN MERCURY IN ROME, NY, JUST BEFORE I MOVED TO ALASKA. ABOUT A MONTH AGO, THE POWER STEERING SYSTEM WENT BAD,AND JUST COST ME $841.00 TO GET IT FIXED. I CALLED MY SELLING DEALER...NO HELP.

I CALLED FORD MOTOR COMPANY WHO TOLD ME TO CALL THE LOCAL FORD DEALER HERE...NO HELP. THERE IS A "TSB" ON THIS POWER STEERING PROBLEM AND FORD KNOWS IT IS A REAL PROBLEM, BUT NO HELP.

EVIDENTLY THE 1999 THRU 2001 WINDSTARS HAVE THIS POWER STEERING END SEAL PROBLEM THAT FORD KNOWS ABOUT AND WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP!! I AM COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED AND NOW HAVE GROWN TO DESPISE AND DISTRUST FORD AFTER MANY YEARS OF LOYALTY.

06523f96, 2008-07-26, 01:16PM CDT

I have had a 99 windstar since 2000 & had the steering repaired so many times I cant keep count. New rack & pinion, new power steering, as well as many other components almost every year since 2002. Now the tranny is acting up, & the power steering is about to go bad again making terrible noises. What a total lemon P.O.S. ! I bet none of the Ford CEO's drive any of these.