Posted on Friday, January 11th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by ae4e7eed

Company: ForMorInternational.com, Market1.net - eBay.com seler advancedp@hotmail - fiber health product has wrong labelling

# 8 for January 11, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 10, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19287#

ForMorInternational.com, Market1.net - eBay.com seler advancedp@hotmail - product has wrong labelling

CC: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65097#

I just purchased on eBay from seller "COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65098#" a product called Activ-Cleanse. The bottle has a sticker applied which reads ForMor International, 496 Hwy 64 E., Conway AR 72032 www.formorintl.com.

The bottle label proper reads Manufactured and Distributed by Market One Inc., Henagar AL 35978, (256)657-6470, www.Market1.net.

The bottle label claims 26 grams (not mg) of dietary fiber in one serving of 4 capsules, with a total 120 capsules (30 servings) in the bottle. I put the bottle on my cheap postal scale and it weighs under 5 ounces - bottle and all.

The label is not accurate; 26 grams per serving multiplied times 30 servings would needs require a container weight of 2 pounds, and that is not to mention the many other ingredients beside the psyllium fiber claimed for the product, nor to mention the weight of the bottle itself!

Others of these products remain up for auction at eBay, apparently by various sellers.

This product makes false claims on the label, it is a verifiable matter of simple math, if I am thinking correct.

Am I in error?

I went to www.ForMorintl.com - go ahead, check out their website! Visitors are immediately invited to sell ForMor products. One might expect the opening page to be a friendly hello from a corporate neighbor. But no, it seems their product comes secondary to their pitch (their real product?). So next I clicked on an innocent link at the top of the page - how could I be suspicious - which link is labellled FeedTheChildren.org. Yes, I learn, visitors to the site can "buy" products and have them sent directly to hungry children, never toch your hands.

Do you see the potential of crime here?

Perhaps I draw too quick the broad accusations, but yet I came here for the flase claim on their product label. There is at east that.

What authorities do I notify? Isn't FeedTheChildren.org politically connected?

Thanks!