2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - leaks water into the cab of the vehicle

# 8 for January 10, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 9, 2002:

From: lynchs [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_19307#]

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - leaks water into the cab of the vehicle

I am looking for any and all information I can find on the new Chevy Avalanche. My husband and I purchased one and we really like it. The style, ride, handling looks . Our complaint? It leaks water (ALOT of water)into the cab of the vehicle!!

The carpet in the back is wet constantly. We have only had the truck for 6 weeks. In the first month of owning the truck we had it in our possession for 8 days, then it was in the shop for 19 days. The problem still has not been resolved and we were curious as to whether anyone else has had any problems.

Calling the Chevy hotline is a joke, how do we get to someone who can really do something? I'm wondering if ours is an isolated case?

Have you any info.?

Thanks!

LAL

0d4b3863, 2011-05-22, 06:51PM CDT

I have the same problem and all the dealers want to do is bleed me for every cent I have. They don't care and GM should do something abut this. Cars weren't designed to leak I don't think anyway. In any event people are talking about a mid-gate leak. How is that repaired? Please let me know befor I drown. It's raining alot in the northeast and getting dangerous to drive the car without O2 tanks