Malaysian Airline Complaint

Posted on Thursday, January 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Malaysian Airline Complaint

# 2 for January 10, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 9, 2002:

From: Harley Rollins [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65103#] Malaysian Airline Complaint

Malaysia Airline Representatives

885 West Georgia Street

Suite 919

Vancouver, BC

V6C 3E8

Dear Malaysia Airline Representatives, I hope that I have directed this email to the proper source. I am writing to inform you of our Malaysian Airlines flight experience on December 13, 2001 in Dhaka, Bangladesh flight MH 197 to Kuala Lumpur. We have flown Malaysian Airlines several times in the past year and a half and have always been pleased with the quality of service that we have received. On this day however we had a very unpleasant experience with your airline and staff. We would expect that you would have other complaints about this incident, asa lot of people were very upset. We were scheduled to fly to Kuala Lumpur on December 13 at 1.15 am.

The plane from KL did not land due to heavy fog in Dhaka. One would question why your airline would schedule a flight at this time of day during winter with the uncertainty of the weather. Upon hearing the news of the cancelled flight the staff did their best to get everyone to a hotel for the night. When we reached the Dhaka Sheraton the staff was negligent in passing on information as to when we would get another flight and was rude to all of the passengers who expected proper information.

By this time it was 3.30 am and everyone was exhausted. On December 14th we were taken back to the airport at 3.00 pm and were told that we would leave at around 5.30 pm. The plane from KL arrived and we were asked to go to the pre-boarding area. We sat in this area for several hours waiting to leave. Your staff was very unprofessional and rude to people who were asking about the delay.

They refused to let us know why were made to wait. Eventually after one of your staff was cornered by a mob of angry people, he went to speak to the pilot and returned to say that there would be another hour delay due to a technical problem on the plane. We were forced to wait for another three hours after that. Eventually departing at 9.30 pm.

My husband is a diabetic and we were waiting to be served dinner, which was not provided until much later when we eventually got on the plane. Due to the lack of organization he experienced a sever sugar low and became ill. Because we were delayed 24 hours to our final destination of Sydney Australia, we lost our hotel deposit. I regret to inform you that we will not choose Malaysian airlines in the future unless we are compensated in some way for this terrible experience. Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

Mrs. Tracy Rollins Permanent Address:

Petersfield, Hampshire

GU 323EL

UK

68f7f872, 2009-02-10, 07:38PM CST

Those who complain about delayed flights get me angry. And expecially when its for two reasons WEATHER and TECH PROBLEMS.

Your first problem from what I understand was due to the weather...you cant send a complaint letter to Malaysian about that. Thats not something they control. How do you expect to be compensated for that?

They gave you a hotel for the night till your next flight. Be thank full.

Staff at the Shereton you mention.. were they Malaysian airlines staff or the hotel staff?

If it is the Sherteton hotel staff then maybe this letter should be directed at them.

Now the other delay was due to technical problems with the aircraft. I would rather them fix the damn thing for 3days then to take off and crash.

From your entire letter - theres nothing to be compensated for.