Computer Store - Computer Store, Albuquerque, NM - trouble with new Compaq computer purchase

Posted on Tuesday, January 1st, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 64ad5b48

Company: Computer Store

Category: Stores, Shopping

I BROUGHT MY LAP TOP DOWN TO THIS STORE TO BE REPAIRED, AT WHICH TIME I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE READY IN 3 HOURS, AND 60.00 DOLLARS LABOR FEE. I PAID THE $60.00. I RETURNED IN THREE HOURS AND WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT READY AND TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY.

I CALLED THE NEXT DAY, THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED AND READY. I RETURNED TO THE STORE, PICKED IT UP, GOT IT HOME, AND IT DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

THIS WAS AFTER I PAID $60.00. I AGAIN BROUGHT IT BACK, THEY SAID THEY WOULD FIX IT AND COME BACK THE NEXT DAY. I RETURNED AFTER A PHONE CALL FROM THEM SAYING IT WAS FIXED AND READY TO GO.

WHEN I GOT TO THE STORE, I ASKED THEM TO PLEASE PLUG IT IN, AND LET ME SEE HOW IT WORKS, AGAIN, IT DID THE SAME THING AS BEFORE. THIS TIME I WAS TOLD, IT WAS IN THE FILES, AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO CLEAN THEM OUT. THAT WOULD BE AN ADDTIONAL $20.00.

I ALSO WAS TOLD THEY REPLACED THE MOTEM. I AGREED TO THE ADDITIONAL 20.00, LEFT IT AGAIN, GOT A PHONE CALL WAS TOLD IT WAS READY . I RETURNED, AGAIN IT DID NOT WORK. DID THE SAME THING. THEY ASKED ME TO LEAVE IT, AND THEY WOULD FIX IT. I LEFT IT AN ADDITIONAL 3 DAYS, THEY CALLED AND SAID TO COME DOWN. THIS TIME I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE AN ADDITIONAL $65.00 FOR A NEW MODEM. DAN KIRPATRICK SAID THE MODEM EXSPLODED WHILE THEY WERE WORKING ON IT.

I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GET IT FIXED. I FEEL I HAVE BEEN PATIENT ALL ALONG, BUT THIS IS JUST TO MUCH. AFTER FIVE TRIPS DOWN THERE, AND ALL THE INCONVEINENCES, I FEEL REALLY CHEATED. WHAT WORRIES ME IS THAT I JUST BOUGHT, DEC 22, 2001, A NEW COMPAQ COMPUTER FROM YOU,FOR OVER $2000,

AND NOW I KNOW THIS IS THE TYPE OF SERVICE IM GOING TO GET.

WHEN I SPOKE TO DAN KIRPATRICK, THE DEPT MANAGER, HE SAID THERE WAS A LACK OF COMMUNICATION THERE. WELL I CAN TELL YOU, I WILL HAVE NO LACK OF COMMUNICATION TELLING THIS TO MY FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS, AND ALSO ADVISING THEM TO NEVER DEAL WITH YOUR COMPANY, AND WHY.

I FEEL THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT INJUSTICE, AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED IN SOME WAY.

I FELL I WAS PATIENT, I DROVE 23 MILES BACK AND FORTH, TOOK OFF WORK EARLY TO PICK IT UP, AND WAS GIVEN A COMPLETE RUN AROUND. GAYLE J.