Posted on Monday, February 10th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 71e8ac4c

Company: Farberware Millenium cookware - have 3 pans, all are pitted - sent one pan for warranty service and received it back several months later

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on February 8, 2003:

From: Diane Gittin [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_22010#] RE: Farberware Millenium cookware - have 3 pans, all are pitted - sent one pan for warranty service and received it back several months later

I found several complaints about the Farberware Millenium cookware on your website, and I have had the very same problems with my Millenium cookware, which was sold with a 20-year guarantee about 10 years ago. A few years ago, I tried to find out where to send my frying pan for warranty service and found out Farberware sold their name years ago and the company doing their warranty service was called Berwick Lighting Company. I got in touch with them, sent in the pan, and didn’t get it back for months.

After numerous fruitless phone calls and letters, I finally had to file a complaint with my state’s Consumer Affairs division before I received the pan back “refurbished.” I have 3 different pans, and they are all pitted. I was making a lemon sauce in one small saucepan the other night and there were tiny bits of grey Teflon floating in my sauce. It looked as if he finish was literally melting off the pan.

Needless to say, I do not want to go to the hassle of returning another pan to that inept warranty service company. I think the pans probably last longer if you don’t use metal utensils with them, although the MAIN reason I purchased these pans in the first place was because they advertised that you could use metal utensils! Diane in Midlothian, Virginia

7e9032dd, 2008-05-10, 02:55PM CDT

The Farberware Millenium scam was really successful for them. They sold very expensive pans falsely claiming that they were the first non-stick pans you could use metal utensils on. All of have mine have had the coating come off. And I stopped using metal utensils on them years ago. The Berwick Lighting company are completely inept. The only way to get your pans back is by contacting the Better Business Bureau. And even then when you get your pans back they soon wear out again. What a crock!!! I would never use a Farberware product again.