Dodge - 1994 Dodge Caravan from Eastside Dodge in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) - purchased used in 1999 - rebuilt transmission once - 3 yrs. and 5 mo. later it needs to be rebuilt again

Posted on Wednesday, February 26th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by da18c16f

Product: 1994 Dodge Caravan

Company: Dodge

Location: CALGARY, AB, CA

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Good afternoon,

I filed this complaint with consumer complaints today , I had to start somewhere. I am not sure if you can help but I am just beginning to search for answers to my dilema and many other people, I am learning very quickly. Please send me any information that you may have that can help me with this issue. Incident

I purchased a used 1994 Dodge Caravan from Eastside Dodge in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) on Sept. 21/99 with 108,727km and now 3yrs. & 5mo. later my van has 136,096km on it and it now needs a second rebuild.

After putting only a total of 27,369km on the vehicle I have had the transmission rebuilt once and it now has gone on me again. I called Crysler, Dodge to ask them why they sold me a lemon and what are they going to do to fix it and their response was that due to the fact that their company didn't replace the transmission the first time that they were not responsible.

Obviously it's a lemon or the transmission would not have gone in the first place. I went to a registered dealership to buy a car for $9300.00 rather than buying used anywhere else expecting that if you buy directly from the Dodge Dealership that has said to have inspected the car properly that you should be able to get at least 20,000 before the transmission goes and with a second rebuild that it should last a minimum of 50'000 before it was to go again.I haven't even finished paying off my loan for the vehicle and the first transmission and now I have to pay to have it fixed again.

This does not make any sense to me, if you pay almost 10,000 for an inspected vehicle you wouldn't expect to have these kinds of problems Damage Resulting My concern is that if I fix this vehicle again and the transmission goes a third time am I out another $1600 and I don't have that kind of money or I wouldn't have bought a used vehicle in the first place from a dealership that states it's inspection of the vehicle showed no problems with the vehicle.

I have read on the internet about hundreds of cases similar to my own and have become even more frustrated now knowing that this is a common issue. I am car-less for at least the next six months or longer for a second time until I can afford to fix it and then if I do what kind of guarantee do I have that I won't be out another $1600.00 and will have to fix it again.