Posted on Monday, February 24th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by cbef901c

Company: First Greyhound Experience - description of trip from Toronto, Canada to Atlanta, GA and beyond - on serveral buses with several drivers

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on February 22, 2003:

From: Jeans [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21751#]

RE: First Greyhound Experience - description of trip from Toronto, Canada to Atlanta, GA and beyond - on serveral buses with several drivers

Dear Greyhound,

I recently took my first Greyhound bus trip this past month, Feb. Overall I rate the service that I encountered very good. The first "leg" of my journey was the most pleasant.

First let me state that the service in Canada was above and beyond. The driver of my bus was the most courteous that I encountered. The bus that I traveled on was the cleanest. I was transported from Toronto, Canada to Detroit, Michigan on this bus. It was there that I had to make my first of many change overs to another bus.

The second bus driver, a black gentleman, whose name escapes me, had the best sense of humor about him. He made everyone on the bus aware of the rules and dangers of the bus travel but did it in such a manner that made everyone smile and laugh. He put everyone at ease with his mannerisms. Unlike most of the other drivers, this fellow acted like he was happy to be of service to his passengers.

I wish I could say that about the remaining drivers. The next driver I had was a female who acted like she had a spur up her you know what. She griped and complained, out loud, about the weather, the traffic, and most anything else.

The next driver I encountered was not very bad. He appeared to be tired and unapproachable. Bless his heart, he had not ventured very far down the road when he discovered his front air suspension on the bus was not working properly. He stopped to contact the home office and they told him to continue his travels and to check in every so many miles.

We rode on a very bumpy bus ride from Chattanooga Tennessee to Atlanta, Ga. That was a very tiresome ride. I know that poor bus driver was exhausted from having to deal with the harsh drive as well as having to contend with passengers that griped the entire time.

When I got yet another bus in the Atlanta terminal, the bus driver was so rude and obnoxious. Everytime someone had a question, he would respond with sarcasim.

Thought I would share this with you.