Posted on Saturday, February 22nd, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 74e5c400

Company: The Picture People, Chesapeake Square Mall, Chesapeake, VA - several poor experiences

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on February 20, 2003:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21795#

RE: The Picture People, Chesapeake Square Mall, Chesapeake, VA - several poor experiences

The Picture People - Chesapeake, Virginia @ Chesapeake Square Mall

I have also had lousy experiences with the Picture People: 1) My first experience I had my daughter's pictures done and they were pretty good, except about a week later I found out that my mother-in-law with whom my husband and I have had no contact with was issued $80 worth of my baby's pictures. So I confronted the General Manager Bill who just told me to change my name in the computer to some kind of code name, which suited me, but did not change the fact that my mother-in-law still had my pictures and they were being passed around to people I don't even know.

Bill made me feel like an idiot for calling and did nothing to make it up to us. I would never have gone there again but I purchased one of those portrait club cards for a year and they were not willing to give back my money. 2) My next experience was with the manager (Stormy) of the store who took our Halloween pictures. All I'll say is they were awful, out of focus, blurry and we wasted 2 hours with these picture people for nothing. It's pretty sad when the manager of the store can't take pictures. The general manager Bill's excuse for her was she is new and working on her picture taking skills. WHATEVER! By the way I do now believe what the girls in that store said about Bill to me. "He's lazy" 3) My last experience and FINAL one with the Picture People was about two weeks ago, I made an appointment a week ahead of time and I get there and the girl I requested was sick. Which wasn't that big of a deal, but then the girl she recommended to do my pictures didn't show up either. I didn't find any of this out until I had been standing in the store for 30 minutes when one of the two girls working finally acknowledged me. Keep in mind their wasn't but three customers in the store at the time.

The customer standing nearest to me said she had been waiting an hour and didn't have an appointment. Anyway, after 45 minutes I went back in the photo processing room to ask when I might be helped. She said with an attitude that there were other customers in front of me who were going before me who did not have a appointment at all.

I then reminded her that I had an appointment I made a week ago and I thought I should go first. The girl looked at me and said Ms. you are going to have to wait in line. I told her to just forget it all together. I then again contacted just for kicks, the general manager Bill and he suggested I try another store which is 20 minutes further away. NO WAY BILL we've had enough! Lisa

8bf68a97, 2008-11-16, 11:56PM CST

This picture people lost my pictures from their systems even before sixty days passed and they never uploaded them. Ridiculous.