Norwalk Furniture - Norwalk Furniture, Brandon, FL - Loveseat and Chaise Lounge damaged by pets - cushion repaired, but then torn again - wouldn't be repaired a second time

Posted on Monday, February 17th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by da2f22cc

Company: Norwalk Furniture

Category: Stores, Shopping

We bought our couch from Norwalk - The Furniture Idea in Brandon, FL. We received the couch in January of 2002. By March, we noticed some pulls in the fabric. By June, we had a tear in one of the cushions. By August, all three cushions had huge tears in them. We contacted Norwalk in Brandon for the first time in June, at which time we were told that a store would be opening in our area (Arlington, VA) the following month. After conversing with the store in Virginia, we brought our cushions in for repair in September. After repairing one cushion, we were told the other two would not be repaired because they determined that the damage was caused by pets.

With a little hassle, the owner of the store in Brandon decided that they would, in fact, recover our cushions free of charge. We received our cushions back the week before Christmas, 2002. By the end of January, 2003, a mere 4 weeks after receiving our cushions back, one cushion was torn again in three places. A call to the store in Brandon resulted in the owner informing us that there is nothing he will do for us. We are now left with a couch we can’t use and are out about $3000. Needless to say, we are extremely unhappy with the couch and infuriated with Norwalk in general. When we bought the couch, we informed the saleswoman of our pets, and their habits of lounging on our furniture. We bought this fabric because we were told it was durable. I realize that you cannot guarantee your fabric to be pet proof. However, we do not put the kind of wear on the couch that should cause any sort of tear or other marking on the cushion.

And, miraculously, we have other couches that have a lot more daily wear and tear from the pets that haven’t ripped and have been in our house for years. When our recovered cushions were returned to us, we even put a cover on the couch to avoid any more damage.

The cover survived in tact, but the cushions underneath tore. We have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau, and I have sent numerous emails to friends and families, letting them know about our experiences with the couch and Norwalk. We would like our couch recovered in a new fabric, or we would like all of our money refunded. Thank you, Erica

1a66967a, 2009-10-13, 05:32PM CDT

I also are a victum of Norwalk Funriture as i bought thru my decorator a sofa and chair from them.The sofa arrived damaged and the design on the cushions did not match the back.ONE CUSHION upon arrival was damaged.After only one month the seat cushions were falling apart.Ever time i put my are on the sofa arm it would hit wood, so much it hurt. after many complaints the cushions were replaced, but the sofa fabric was already wearing out. My decorator attempted to fix the chair cushion by installing form and that did work at her expense.The sofa was in such bad condition that i wanted it replaced and then came the real kicker, IN TALKING TO THE FACTORY VIA E-MAIL I WAS TOLD THAT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I WAS THE SECOND OWNER I WOULD HAVE TO SHIP THE SOFA FROM ARIZONA TO THE FACTORY AT MY EXPENSE SO THEY COULD LOOK AT IT.THEY SAID THAT THE DECORATOR WAS THE FIRST OWNER. SO ALL YOU DECORATORS LOOK OUT. IF MY DECORATOR HAD NOT BEEN TRYING TO HELP ALL SHE COULD I WOULD HAVE SUED HER.