Don't let this happen to you! I'm writing this letter to inform all that are getting ready to move, relocate or might know someone who is going to be hiring a professional moving corporatio - CTV Van Lines, Inc., Coast To Coast Moving Company, Brooklyn, New York - poor moving experience

Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 84678a2c

Company: Don't let this happen to you! I'm writing this letter to inform all that are getting ready to move, relocate or might know someone who is going to be hiring a professional moving corporatio

# 2 for February 28, 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on February 27, 2002:

From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21037#

Re: Don't let this happen to you! I'm writing this letter to inform all that are getting ready to move, relocate or might know someone who is going to be hiring a professional moving corporation, so this way the "Horrific Experience" I've just endured

won't happen to anyone else!

Please forward this letter to everyone you know, so this way no one else will go through what I'm about to share with you, that I just went through. I thank you for taking a few moments out of your time to read this and for forwarding it to all friends & family, this moving company should not get away with treating their customers the way they treated me.

I'm still currently after them for my claim to be filed. The company involved is:

CTV Van Lines, Inc.

Coast To Coast Moving Company

470 Pulaski Street

Brooklyn, New York 11221

718-443-5800

516-285-8400

1800USA-MOVE

I hired this company to move my possessions back on Friday, January 25th, 2002. From New Jersey. Moving to Tennessee. I notified the company two weeks in advance of the moving day, which would've given the company plenty of time to get organized for the move.

I was notified that the truck would arrive on Friday, January 25th at 9:00 AM. The truck did not arrive until 10:30 am, in which the Forman, stated," that they were late due to the fact they couldn't find a weigh in station open. The location given to both the truck driver & Forman including myself stated was closed." They decided to come to my address in New Jersey & start loading the truck until they found the address of the weigh in station that would be close by.

I would not allow them to start loading, until I had the weight of the truck. Which was discussed two weeks prior to the move, I notified the company that I would not allow anything on the truck until I had the total weight of the truck & gas included first.

I was told that would not be a problem. Upon arrival of the truck, the Forman called the office to find a new

location to have the truck weighed in. At that time they were already an hour & a half late. After calling the company several times to get a location the Forman stated," the owner wanted for him to try & persuade me to load the truck & then go get it weighed afterwards".

I spoke with the owner, who in turn told me he was waiting for a phone call back from a friend in the New Jersey area which would give him an address to the weigh in station.

As time went on… I called several more times to get the location & to get the move started, it was now 12:00PM by the time they found out the location. The location that they went to go weigh the truck in, was the original location that both I myself & the driver had, so with all the said & done the weigh in station located at the following address below;

Tullo Truck Stop195 and exit 15E

So. Kearney, NJ

Was indeed open & operating 24 hours a day to weigh in. By the time the driver, the Forman & the helper arrived back after the weigh in it was now 12:30 PM.

The movers had no tools with them. I was told they were going to take apart my Bedroom set, my refrigerator, my dining room table & my kitchen table. They were to take it apart & will wrap it up & upon arrival of destination in Tennessee they would be put back together again & set up for me. My fianc