1995 Ford Mustang - in shop for head gasket problem

# 16 for February 21, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on February 20, 2002:

From: Marty Stewart [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21161#]

1995 Ford Mustang - in shop for head gasket problem

My name is Jennifer Alnithami. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio 45224.

The reason I write to you today is because my Mustang is now in the Shop for a head gasket problem. Ford issued a letter to me and other owners stating that 'IF YOU' are experiencing these head gasket problem which my Mustang was not then experiencing any problems to have it repaired. I took it to the dealer and I was told I did not have a problem.

My Mustang has been a very good Car. I have had it serviced frequently and until today have never experienced any cost to the car at all except oil changes, tires, battery and a timing belt. No problems with oil leakage.

I had my Mustang serviced on a regular basis and the car never had head gasket problems until this morning. Now I am stuck for a head gasket job of $1500.00 and a day missed from work that. Ford says it will not honor warranty because I purchase the car early!

The Ford Motor Company and its Affiliate Car Dealers will not honor a 7 year 100,000 extended car warranty to my 1995 Ford Mustang which has 69,243 miles on it. The head gasket problem is a specific year model that has occurred and have been identified in the 1994 and 1995 model year Mustangs.

The called your number because the Car Dealer would not honor the warranty. I called the Field Zone Representative. I got NO satification. Ford feels that they should not have to honor their warranty because I purchase the 1995 Mustang in the year of 1994. I feel that I am being penalized for purchasing my car early!

Am I within my rights? Should they assume responsiblity on this head gasket problem because it is Nationally documented as a 1994 and 1995 specific problem of this CAR! Fords solution to the problem was for me to purchase one of their CARS with a big discount and 6 years of payment. I said NO Thank You!

I want them to pay for the repairs in full or at least pay half!

Thank You For Reading. I feel better already. My phone #513-542-0031