Homeside Lending, Inc. - late posting of mortgate payment by Homside Lending

Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by cb0f8574

Company: Homeside Lending, Inc. - late posting of mortgate payment by Homside Lending

# 2 for February 20, 2002

Complaints.com received the following e-message on February 19, 2002:

From: Tanksley, William [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_21179#]

Homeside Lending, Inc. - late posting of mortgate payment by Homside Lending Customer Name: William A Tanksley

Loan Number: 15663913

Details of Complaint: My mortgage payment for February was due on February 1, 2002 and considered late if it was received after February 16, 2002.

I paid over $12.00 to have my payment delivered overnight via USPS. According to the USPS web site: On February 15, I received a notice from Homeside Lending that my payment was late and that they were charging me a late fee of $28.49.

I called Homeside Lending today, February 19 and a customer service representative informed me that my payment had still not been posted.

My complaints are 1) They have had my payment for 2 full business days and it has not been posted and 2) They are obviously sending out past due statements BEFORE the payment is considered past due. Warning! It should be obvious to anyone that this company is trying their best to get their customers to pay invalid late charges.